Adaptive Computing

www.adaptivecomputing.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Adaptive Computing

A great company to grow with.

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

Pros

The environment at Adaptive Computing is wonderful. We're a mid sized company with a small business feel. Pay is competitive, and the crowd you work with is great.

Cons

Communication between HR and the trenches leaves a lot to be desired. I think they're working on it though.

Advice to Management

Communication between HR and the trenches leaves a lot to be desired. Keep the employees in the know, and they will be much more receptive to policy changes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great place to work

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

Pros

Adaptive Computing has made it clear to me what my job responsibilities are, as well as given me the opportunity to take on my own projects to improve the software I work on. Even though I don't have seniority on my team, I am given important and interesting work to do, and I'm not forced to do the drudgery. I like the challenges I'm given as an engineer.
    On the personal side, the company promotes a family friendly environment (almost all of the engineers have families they like to go home to) and has a great culture.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that this company needs each employee to be independent. All of the experienced engineers are fairly busy because of the amount of work we're trying to accomplish. If you don't feel comfortable learning and working largely independently, this probably isn't a good company for you.

Advice to Management

I think management needs to make sure that all open positions are made known to the employees, so that everyone within has a chance to apply for these positions as well. This is done now, but not every single time.

2. Adaptive Computing is on the forefront of both HPC and Cloud Computing...

I have been working at Adaptive Computing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the rapidly evolving Cloud market, Adaptive is laying claim to some of the biggest and most prestigious opportunities. They also are in many of the largest HPC supercomputing environments on the planet. They have a patent portfolio that is very impressive and applies both to the HPC market as well as the Cloud Management market. The Cloud Management space is still a fairly nascent market but I believe Adaptive Computing is well positioned to be very successful.

Cons

The expectation for quality and quantity of work for all employees tends to be very high and they take out the dead wood at least once a year via RIFs.

Advice to Management

Adaptive Computing is under-resourced in their technical and professional services areas. More personnel in these areas would help accelerate their success.