Adaptive Computing

www.adaptivecomputing.com
  www.adaptivecomputing.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adaptive Computing

A great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Provo, UT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Adaptive Computing full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is as at the forefront of it's field. With great people, a fabulous work to life balance and hard-working, yet fun atmosphere, I'd highly recommend Adaptive Computing to anyone seeking employment

Cons

Not a fan of cubicles. In my department ideas were often squelched in the name of profits.

Pay attention to the skill sets you have in front of you. Sometimes I think you overlook those "underlings" who might be highly qualified for a job and instead focus on bottom line and turning profit. A small investment of time can go a long way in the future growth.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Adaptive Computing (View Most Recent)

A great company to grow with.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

Pros

The environment at Adaptive Computing is wonderful. We're a mid sized company with a small business feel. Pay is competitive, and the crowd you work with is great.

Cons

Communication between HR and the trenches leaves a lot to be desired. I think they're working on it though.

Communication between HR and the trenches leaves a lot to be desired. Keep the employees in the know, and they will be much more receptive to policy changes.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Provo, UT

I have been working at Adaptive Computing

Pros

Adaptive Computing has made it clear to me what my job responsibilities are, as well as given me the opportunity to take on my own projects to improve the software I work on. Even though I don't have seniority on my team, I am given important and interesting work to do, and I'm not forced to do the drudgery. I like the challenges I'm given as an engineer.
    On the personal side, the company promotes a family friendly environment (almost all of the engineers have families they like to go home to) and has a great culture.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that this company needs each employee to be independent. All of the experienced engineers are fairly busy because of the amount of work we're trying to accomplish. If you don't feel comfortable learning and working largely independently, this probably isn't a good company for you.

I think management needs to make sure that all open positions are made known to the employees, so that everyone within has a chance to apply for these positions as well. This is done now, but not every single time.

There are newer employer reviews for Adaptive Computing

Worked for Adaptive Computing? Contribute to the Community!