There are newer employer reviews for AddThis

Account Director

I have been working at AddThis

Pros

It is a great company to work for. The company has great leadership and very intelligent engineers building out our product offering.

Cons

We have the same growing pains as any start up company. Often times you find yourself being the first person to knock down walls because that issue simply hasn't come up before.

16 Other Employee Reviews for AddThis (View Most Recent)

Fun Environment with Challenging Work

I have been working at AddThis

Pros

Free Food, fun activities, and great perks are only some of the pros. The real strengths are the interesting engineering problems that AddThis deals with, and fun of working on software that touches billions of users. Everybody at the office is friendly and always eager to help each other out.

Cons

Goals for development should be specified a bit more clearly.

Facade of 'Fun' masks history of layoffs

I worked at AddThis

Pros

Many great engineers and other people, hackathons, game room, guess the catered lunch & snacks are worth something

Cons

Doing exciting work with like-minded passionate people in a fun environment sold me on Addthis so I never could understand why I kept sensing fear from some coworkers who had been at the company longer. Then people started disappearing. Senior management told us everything was great, that they were simply cutting some unneeded positions and the outlook was still peachy.

Just a couple weeks before getting cut along with 15% of my colleagues I was told everything was fantastic with the company and with my personal performance. They sent us home in a matter of minutes and gave nearly no severance. I've since been told by several other ex-Addthis (Clearspring) employees that this was nothing new.

Besides total lack of job-security other cons are: Unresolved disagreements in senior leadership, culture divisions within company seemingly stemming from the different merged companies, and the lack of defined, earned PTO makes it hard to take time off

Maybe don't screw over the people working so hard to help you?

There are newer employer reviews for AddThis

Worked for AddThis? Contribute to the Community!