There are newer employer reviews for Addison Search

Come work for Addison!

I have been working at Addison Search

Pros

Awesome work/life balance. Work hard/play hard mentality.

Cons

Must be willing to extend your hand to coworkers needing help/advice

13 Other Employee Reviews for Addison Search (View Most Recent)

Dissatisfied Consultant - Did not feel the love there

Former Employee - QA Test Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - QA Test Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Addison Search as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

1) Rate and pay is competitive from a contractor standpoint.
    2) Regional manager does come by to say hello and talk to the client that your working for.

Cons

The client I was working for gave me a 3 week notice I let this company know way ahead of time I needed to something right away and they failed me.

The problem with most contracting companies is when they stop billing for you they throw you away like a bad habit. In this case they had ample time to find something and they failed and this was because they lacked the client networking and resources to find something in my industry.

I had to network out and finally I was able to get interviews and land something this company gave up after they couldn't find me anything and that sits bad with a consultant who need stable employment after a contract is over or ends premature.

So things to improve:

1) This company really lacks the resources and connections in the IT world of QA Engineers when your contract is over when you need to find a new place to work fast.
    2) They should enact a bench and try to keep their consultants or hire them as an employee of the company.
    3) Recruiting people need to always stay in touch and give re-assurance. They never did but a few times in very beginning after that I felt they gave up on me.

Most important!

Hire your consultants full time and create a Development and QA practice.

Hire your consultants full time and create a Development and QA practice and sell them as a package when bidding for projects a bigger clients.

Old boys club in the worst way

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Addison Search full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours are decent and the base salary is reasonable.

Cons

As with most staffing agencies there isn't an HR department to go talk to when issues arise. I hope that the office as gotten better since I was there but the environment was miserable. Every day was filled with racist, sexist, and homophobic comments. If you didn't fit the "frat boy" mold you were not accepted.

There are newer employer reviews for Addison Search

Worked for Addison Search? Contribute to the Community!