There are newer employer reviews for Addus Healthcare

For a public company, the lack of resources (and understanding) is astounding (In-Home care business).

Current Employee - Agency Director

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Addus is truly for those who wish to "help" those in need of care.

Cons

This is much more of a quota driven sales job than one would be led to believe. Unfortuantely, the company does not offer any formalized sales training and the branches are left to figure out the market on their own with general tips and advice from Chicago HQ, where the presence and mechanisms are much different. A C-Level leader explained to a group of agency directors (during orientation) that "there was no place to go from this job"; a disheartening statement, at BEST. Salary, matches this sad expectation, and the workload placed on the branches (given the sales goals) is unrealistic. In addition, the benefits package leaves a lot to be desired and the medical benefit is very expensive (which is somewhat ironic). The organization, although (recently) public, operates like a "Mom & Pop" entity. If you are a "professional", I would look elsewhere to advance your career; be it in healthcare or otherwise.

Advice to Management

The founder of the company is no longer the best person to run this company. You are a smaller entitity versus your competitors (Gentiva and Amedysis) and given that you are a public entity now, you have to start behaving like one (i.e. Strategic market planning, resource development and more of a formalized approach to your hires at the regional director level and above). If you wish to become more of a sales driven company, then start training the individuals that will be on the front line selling and making business calls. To anyone with some savvy, it appears as though the CEO was looking to "get rich" by taking the company public (before it was ready) and is now just trying to figure out how to maintain this wealth until it is time for him to step down, thus leaving him in the pseudo position of many a multi-millionaire or billionaire before him.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the worst companies to work for

I have been working at Addus Healthcare

Pros

Compensation and benefits are fair. Reputation in community is neutral. Close to home. There are some competent people in middle management.

Cons

Unbelievable mis-management! Complete lack of communication throughout organization. Micromanage you every move. You are responsible for SOC's, yet sales reports to sales and has zero accountability for not meeting their goals. All of the executive management, with the exception of Mark Heaney are new.

Advice to Management

Stop! Think for a minute! Perhaps the reason that these HH agencies have been unsucessful is the barriers that management puts out in front of you, that does not allow you to do your job! Regional Directors should have the opportunity to work one on one with their agencies and stop global micromanging

Unpaid Bonuses

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Bristol, TN
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Bristol, TN

I have been working at Addus Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

I love taking excellent care of my clients and they request me often. Wish I were 2 people!

Cons

The trip fees and bonuses I was promised have never been paid. Since we incur wear and tear on our vehicles and pay for our own gas, those bonuses are desperately needed. Living on $8.25 an hour is scandalous for the work we do.

Advice to Management

I've called countless times trying to get answers about my unpaid bonuses with no decisive reply.