There are newer employer reviews for Adelphi University

Good work for adjuncts

Former Employee - Adjunct Professor  in  Garden City, NY
Former Employee - Adjunct Professor in Garden City, NY

I worked at Adelphi University as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

So far as adjunct work goes, Adelphi seems to be near the top: its internal systems are relatively easy to use, and the pay is more than competitive with other institutions in the area. The campus is beautiful, and the student culture tends to produce generally effective learners, with a few exceptional students in each class.

Cons

An overabundance of useless communication delivered through faculty e-mails and some outdated facilities; one classroom that I had the pleasure of enjoying was constantly either blisteringly hot or unfailingly cold.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Adelphi University (View Most Recent)

Flexible work environment

Current Employee - Assistant Athletic Trainer  in  Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Athletic Trainer in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Adelphi University

Pros

Adelphi University is a friendly environment that provides a good work/life balance. The university is located in great area of long island and close to all amenities. The campus hosts a wide variety of events to the faculty and community.

Cons

The room for advancement is greatly limited at Adelphi. I feel as though I need to look else where to develop as a professional and reach my potential.

Encourage and promote advancement within departments.

Low salaries, uneven management, high turnover in some jobs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Adelphi University

Pros

Good vacation and health benefits, beautiful campus, access to gym, tuition remission.

Cons

Salaries are low and shockingly low in some cases. Grade inflation is rampant, there are low academic standards, and there is pandering to unmotivated students in order to keep enrollment up/ The quality of faculty and programs is uneven. The number of adjuncts more than doubles that of full-timers. Exploitation of adjuncts is unfortunate, as they have little support from management and low pay. Unbelievable, in some programs, there are no full time faculty at all.

Time to raise salaries for some job titles, institute more full-time hires across all disciplines (show you really care about quality, your students and your schools).

There are newer employer reviews for Adelphi University

Worked for Adelphi University? Contribute to the Community!