There are newer employer reviews for Adfero Group

Small but ambitious - your experience here is what you make of it.

I have been working at Adfero Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Each employee truly has control of their own destiny - you can make your own success.
Entrepreneurial & collaborative office culture.
The people there genuinely enjoy spending time with each other.

Cons

Small firm experiencing rapid growth, which can lead to some operational hiccups. Have a bit of a "figure it out as we go" mentality.

reviews filtered by

Best Place to Launch PR Career

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Account Supervisor in Washington, DC

I worked at Adfero Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Culture: Having been at a new company for some time now, I can say that Adfero has the best possible culture. Not only can every (good) employee recite the four core values, but they are employee-focused. It's very inclusive and open, making for happy and accountable employees.

Career Growth: Adfero focuses heavily on individual growth from quarter to quarter and year over year. Constructive feedback is helpful, so long as you take it. I saw plenty of people over time take it personally, but for those of us who took as an opportunity to grow, we succeeded. You have measurable goals and objectives so it's truly up to you to prove yourself.

Opportunity: Like anywhere else, opportunities are there; it's what you make of them that really define your experience at Adfero. I was constantly putting myself out there, and thus rewarded with new clients and awesome opportunities. The key was putting myself out there to prove I could keep doing more.

Senior Management: They've grown the business tremendously, so that's saying something (both in revenue and size of staff). The people are open to feedback and most importantly, they look to the entire staff to help shape the culture, processes and experiences.

I left the company because an amazing opportunity to work in-house somewhere popped up, and I couldn't pass it up. I left on great terms and still lean on some of the staff for mentoring, as well as keep in touch with my former mentees and supervisees.

Cons

Workload: It ebbs and flows just like any PR firm. Sometimes people are really overloaded, but as long as you ask for help (one of the core values is all working together in times like this), you should be fine.

Bad eggs: In my years there, there was always a person or two who wasn't bought into the culture or didn't care to perform well. It's a client services business and that can really weigh on your experience there. They are all eventually weeded out though.

Pay: Let me be clear - pay is on par with other PR firms. However, pay at PR firms isn't as high as other industries or for many in-house PR opportunities. It's marginal, though.

Keep growing. Continue to focus on building a company of great people and great service. It has, and will continue to pay off.

Account Executive

I have been working at Adfero Group full-time

Pros

Although this experience was not a highlight of my career, there did seem to be a level of genuine camaraderie among the junior staff at the office, and many of the former higher level management team seemed truly interested in acting as mentors.

Cons

Discussions with the CEO are uncomfortable. The process for advancement is never laid out or discussed. There isn't much transparency regarding decision making and finances. Bad contracts are accepted without regard to the negative impact on staff.

If there are areas of high turnovers, those areas should be reviewed and the problem identified rather than covered up. Mass firings are deeply unsettling and somewhat frightening, particularly when a staff member is looking at future success with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Adfero Group