There are newer employer reviews for Adfero Group

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I love working at Adfero... it's special and not "just like any other firm".

I have been working at Adfero Group

Pros

Where do I start? Adfero is just all-around awesome! Everyone is empowered to really make this firm grow and to take their role within the firm where they want. There's a huge amount of openness in terms of how people can live our our Core Purpose of creating opportunities for people to do what they do best. The fact that this is our Core Purpose alone is remarkable and that our leader stands behind this in everything we do.

Adfero has amazing camaraderie. We're all about teamwork and we mean it. I know many organizations say that but there's something different about it here. It might be due to one of Core Values -- a Swahili saying "Harambee" which means we all pull together. It might be partly due to our open environment where no one has offices from the CEO on throughout. It could be our newly created O Team (the o in Adfero) which focuses on our social, community and green activities. We have quarterly State of Adfero meetings where we're transparent and Jeff gives us a financial update on the company. We have a one for all, all for one mentality exhibited through a quarterly profit sharing bonus plan for everyone. There's a quarterly mentorship program and quarterly performance check-ins. Adfero really does a lot for its employees and in turn, employees take ownership and pride in what they are able to do at Adfero.

It's a great place to work. The best place I've worked.

Cons

The only adjustment I've had in coming to Adfero is getting used to an open work environment. I can get easily distracted and need quiet to get meaty work done so that's when I will sometimes go to one of our unreserved offices to work!

I also think that people who prefer a more structured environment have a harder time adjusting to Adfero. It's very entrepreneurial which plays to another Core Value: Be responsible for results.

Keep doing what you are doing! Continue to allow the flexibility and openness on getting great work done and empowering everyone to do their best. Your career here is really what you make of it and Adfero has continued to grow and provide growth to its team. I wouldn't want Adfero to start becoming too much more structured as we grow and I don't see that happening. I'd love to see its core of the entrepreneurial spirit continue to stay alive as it grows. I feel fortunate to have found this place and thank Jeff for the vision he had to create this firm!

reviews filtered by
  1. Small Firm with Big Heart--Great Place to Grow

I have been working at Adfero Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Adfero is a truly great place to learn. Because we are a small (but growing!) firm, I have had opportunities to work on projects, learn business development, and have an impact on the way the company does things that I know I would not have at a bigger agency. Our work is fast-paced and often challenging, but very rewarding. The leadership team is approachable and smart; I have learned a lot from them through informal and formal mentorships. The best part about Adfero is that I work with people who care about me personally and professionally.

Cons

Like most firms, it's sink or swim--people who don't fit in with our work ethic, culture, or values usually don't last long.

2. Upbeat, fast-growing company with unmatched culture

I have been working at Adfero Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked in many different office environments, and I can say without hesitation that Adfero's culture is unbeatable. Our staff has doubled in the time that I've worked here, but the close-knit and highly team-oriented environment remains unchanged. Adfero leadership is committed to honing employees' skills and interests, which means regular feedback, formal (and informal) mentorship opportunities, and a generous professional development budget. Professionally and socially, this firm is characterized by strong relationships. We genuinely like each other and get along well. When I joined the firm, I couldn't believe how universally inclusive and collaborative everyone is. When I've felt overwhelmed, there is always someone to swoop in and help out, and I try to offer the same support to my colleagues (this mentality is virtually universal).

Opportunities for growth are also abundant at Adfero. As a young(er) employee, I was usually trusted with as much responsibility as I was willing to take on. My supervisors have always been eager to provide guidance and support no matter how demanding their day-to-day responsibilities are. Firm leadership is also VERY approachable. As I mentioned, Adfero is extremely socially inclusive and employees regularly touch base with one another (across levels, across projects, etc) over coffee or lunch.

I should also mention that our benefits are pretty stellar. As a profit-sharing firm, ALL full-time staffers receive a quarterly bonus based on our profitability. Beyond the regular health/financial benefits, Adfero donates $$ to each staffer's favorite nonprofit org around the holidays, which is very special to me. In my second year of employment, I received 15 vacation days, which is definitely more than most, particularly given my (lack of) seniority.

Obviously, I'm very loyal to Adfero and I strongly disagree with some of the comments that have been posted here. It's an exciting time to be part of Adfero...the firm is steadily gaining notoriety in Washington and it has been interesting to watch the staff grow along with our client accounts. There's a lot to look forward to as an employee; I think Adfero's best days are yet to come.

Cons

Sometimes it can be challenging to stay productive in an open office environment (there are no private offices).

There are newer employer reviews for Adfero Group