Adjmi Apparel

Professional, pleasant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Adjmi Apparel

Pros

The company is run by a generous, friendly owners. The family like atmosphere is pleasant and welcoming. It has been a wonderful experience!

Cons

For someone who is living out on Long-Island - the commute was very hard for me. Also the promotion possibilities were quite limited.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Adjmi Apparel (View Most Recent)

Overall good experience. Looking back, wish I would have stayed there.

Former Employee - Accounting/Finance Position in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accounting/Finance Position in New York, NY

I worked at Adjmi Apparel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was compensated very fairly for my role and was involved in a lot of interesting projects. All in all, enjoyed working with most of the people at the company and still maintain friendships with some of my former colleagues. Also, there are some good perks such as discounted/free clothing, casual Fridays, and additional days off for the Jewish holidays.

Cons

You feel paranoid about getting in trouble for normal workplace socialization, and there are cameras everywhere to monitor you. A few managers create a tense, paranoid work environment by not treating their employees as professionals. For instance, one manager insisted there be no talking for his/her department because it would affect productivity. No, poor morale affects productivity.
    Also, when I was there, you had to earn your vacation time/paid days off, but I think that's very common now.

save yourself

I worked at Adjmi Apparel

Pros

coworkers are talented and make it worth it

Cons

company atmosphere is terrible and people are overworked therefore there is an extremely high turnover rate

There are newer employer reviews for Adjmi Apparel