Adler School of Professional Psychology

www.adler.edu
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Adler School of Professional Psychology

Very good experience, room for growth and good professional development opportunities

Current Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Middle Management in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellen benefits as well as professional development opportunities. I truly enjoyed all the faculty and staff that I worked with. It is overall a great organization, I worked there for about 5 years and would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I have no cons on this school

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for Adler School of Professional Psychology

Too political for such a small place

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits: company match (starts at 5%), generous pool of professional development $ that can be spent on outside conferences. Summer hours, lots of holidays. Nice co-workers, passionate about the cause of social justice.

Cons

Lack of centralized short term planning. Each team pursues their own little project without understanding its impact on others. Culture of fake smiling, sugar coating and complimenting management, no matter what. Very unhelpful and political HR. If you complain, be prepared to have a follow up chat with you boss. Salaries are low, although this is somewhat outweighed by perks.

Advice to Management

Think before you jump and commit your team in another project. Don't fix what ain't broken. Get out of your executive hub and mingle with us, mortals. You may actually benefit from knowing what's going on in the tranches.

2. Very flexible work atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adler School of Professional Psychology part-time

Pros

Very flexible work atmosphere, very personable and fun supervisors, and plent of time to complete homework (usually)

Cons

Not too much to do, so can be boring. However, when there are tasks to do, they can be monotonous and repetitive.