Admiral Group
www.admiralgroup.co.uk Cardiff, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Strong business that has trouble hiring business leaders

Cardiff, Wales (UK)

ProsIndividuals get big opportunities all the time. Relatively junior staff can get make or break projects that other companies would demand decades of experience for. Ownership is pretty solid. Versus other insurers, the company is quick to make decisions and still willing to try new stuff without a 3 year delay doing endless powerpoint. On the whole these are positive things that help the business and people grow.

ConsRecent hires in senior management are questionable - people imported from large corporates who are afraid to make decisions and don't like being asked to do work themselves. Newer business departments (overseas, price comparison) are highly political. Under-performers are not managed out and are paid so well they never volunteer to leave, meaning there is an increasing layer of dead weight in the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelopment internal appointees rather than putting faith in external corporate hires who lack the work ethic and interest in the business needed to make us succeed. Focus on results, not politics.

Intern

I have been working at Admiral Group as an intern

Pros: Welcoming, Friendly Environment. Fun, laid back environment. Lots of independence on the project we were… Cons: Not really much to speak of. Occasionally a bit isolated… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

too much hard sale

Renewals Consultant (Former Employee)
    Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I worked at Admiral Group full-time for less than a year

Pros: management all ways try to entertain you Cons: everyday is sale sale sale lies to customers about prices No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Admiral Group.

Worked for Admiral Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Admiral Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Admiral Group CEO Henry Engelhardt. All reviews posted anonymously by Admiral Group employees.