There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Can't seem to reinvigorate ourselves

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe has great people working for it all over the place. I think the benefits package is fine and we have a decent number of perks without going over the top like Google.

Cons

Adobe is feeling like a bigger and slower company. It's unclear if it will be able to adapt to the new world of software and be a place of cool innovation.

Advice to Management

Leadership is still losing credibility when it comes to the vision of the company moving forward. We need to prove success to provide confidence that we're on the right path.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A reasonable environment without innovation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

It provides flexible hours. It's good for the engineers who want to work remotely. I have never met a couple of engineers in the same group for about four years. It provides a good benefit package. It has good QA teams.

Cons

No innovation, that's a biig problem in this company. It tries to retain the senior engineers (more thatn 10, 15 years with the company) because they can read/understand the lagacy code. Managers are afraid of losing them. Managers cut loose the less senior ones if downsized.

Advice to Management

The company needs new "blood" from outside. The new college gradutes are not new "blood". Try to recruit engineers from Google, Microsoft, and the others. Seniority kiils the innovation.

Adobe is a professional environment and treats its employees very well.

Current Employee - Director, Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

* interesting technology * sharp and friendly people * very good working environment * professional and competent atmosphere * metrics driven decisions

Cons

* large company so takes awhile to learn * some overlapping projects * multiple offices occasionally cause tough logistics when projects are spread between them

Advice to Management

Continue to provide good information about competitors and how Adobe plans to compete. Also, would be interesting to know how an enterprise strategy will be articulated.