Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Overall, Adobe is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

1. Flexibility to work anywhere and anytime.
2. The benefits are great.
3. In general, lots of smart and interesting people.

Cons

People work a lot, so I'm not sure that there is as much work/life balance as they say that there is.

None

1102 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

A Macromedian's opinion

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

They have excellent brand recognition. I actually worked for Macromedia and when we were acquired I was initially excited but then decided that I wanted the small company feel back in my life. I am still in touch with a lot of people who went to work at adobe and they like it. One of the main reasons I would have stayed longer was to stay working with the people that I loved to work with. The best part about working for Macromemdia was the outstanding people I had the pleasure of working with each day. I miss that place.

Cons

The company was too big. Being acquired was a major challenge for me personally. Macromedia felt like a family and Adobe felt more like a small part of this big place and I was not sure how I fit in. I never really felt integrated into the Adobe family and I was not sure if my opinion was valued. I questioned whether or not I could make a long term impact. I was also concerned that I would have to start working more and more from the main HQ office in San Jose, which is really far from where I live.

Nothing really. I am sure things are going great.

Adobe is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe is great place to work because of the following;
    - Excellent Benefits
    - Great Career Development with both Management and Technical paths
    - Smart Creative People building cool products
    - Good Base Compensation + Profit Sharing + Quarterly Incentive Bonus's + Product Ship Bonus's = $$$
    - Flexible schedules and work at home opportunities
    - Employee Software Purchase program is great and allows you to buy many of the more expensive Adobe products at a fraction of the cost.
    - Employee Parking Garage in SF for employees willing to pay a small monthly fee (Those that work in SF will know the advantages of this)
    - Swag / Booty - It does not take long to build up an Adobe Logo wardrobe that you would not be embarrassed to ware in public.
    - Good Leadership that empowers their employees to make decisions at the right levels.

Cons

The company is made up of a number of silo's (a.k.a. Business Units), and it can often be difficult to work across them, as budgets and location can become hurdles. The Adobe IT group is also very challenging to work with and it often requires knowing multiple people across multiple teams just to get simple tasks done.

Break Adobe IT in to two groups. One focused on Internal Adobe needs, and another focused on external SaaS initiatives.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe