There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

It is all about what you expect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

- very little stress - great work life balance (out by 5pm, in after 9) - great benefits - most people are nice - free food/soda - If you are looking for decent pay, no stress, consistent work, hard to go wrong

Cons

- Absolutely no correlation between ability and position in the company - Far more politics then other companies I have worked with - Some of the least skilled people I have worked with - Terrible infighting between groups - No one is held accountable for anything - MANY MANY layers of management for no reason - If you want a position that pushes you, makes you better, will allow opportunity and growth, not the place for you

Advice to Management

It is obvious that we have a rudderless ship. I blame middle layers of management and complete delusion of people who have been in the company for many years for most of the problems.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Empowering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Total autonomy. Adobe really believes in the freedom to work how you work best. It is refreshing to see a company hire talent and then offer an environment where they can contribute freely. Lots of cool perks across the board. Great worldwide HQ campus. Really focused on being environmentally conscious, and of course who can forget free access to everything produced by Adobe. They even have a system for you to buy retail packaged software for your friends/family at a ridiculously discounted rate.

Cons

It's a big company so it can sometimes seem difficult to plot your career advancement, though they do offer help in this respect. I've heard of others taking up the offer to move around departments/roles, but honestly I think this is primarily geared at the most junior level employees. The reality is, they hire top talent and understandably want to see the fruits of their recruitment in a specific area they tapped you for.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Shantanu is driving a great vision of the digital platform. Only advice I have is to continue to double down on the talent Adobe houses. The more opportunity for growth you provide the more tenure you retain.

2. Adobe is an excellent place to work and to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Lots of smart people to work with and learn from.

Cons

Seem to be floundering a bit of late to find direction.

Advice to Management

Need to get better at messaging/marketing and communication.