There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

It is all about what you expect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

- very little stress
- great work life balance (out by 5pm, in after 9)
- great benefits
- most people are nice
- free food/soda
- If you are looking for decent pay, no stress, consistent work, hard to go wrong

Cons

- Absolutely no correlation between ability and position in the company
- Far more politics then other companies I have worked with
- Some of the least skilled people I have worked with
- Terrible infighting between groups
- No one is held accountable for anything
- MANY MANY layers of management for no reason
- If you want a position that pushes you, makes you better, will allow opportunity and growth, not the place for you

It is obvious that we have a rudderless ship. I blame middle layers of management and complete delusion of people who have been in the company for many years for most of the problems.

1091 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Great co-workers, but beware if your boss is an a$$

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Smart, committed co-workers, good pay, and support for telecommuting kept me there until I totally burnt out (hmm, that sounds like a con, but my point is it was a generally good workplace)

Cons

Unsupportive boss can make life somewhat miserable, parking is expensive, and creative ideas were often met by brick wall (aka my crummy manager)

Let your superstars shine and get out of their way, instead of feeling threatened and choosing to dampen their creative enthusiasm.

Empowering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Total autonomy. Adobe really believes in the freedom to work how you work best. It is refreshing to see a company hire talent and then offer an environment where they can contribute freely. Lots of cool perks across the board. Great worldwide HQ campus. Really focused on being environmentally conscious, and of course who can forget free access to everything produced by Adobe. They even have a system for you to buy retail packaged software for your friends/family at a ridiculously discounted rate.

Cons

It's a big company so it can sometimes seem difficult to plot your career advancement, though they do offer help in this respect. I've heard of others taking up the offer to move around departments/roles, but honestly I think this is primarily geared at the most junior level employees. The reality is, they hire top talent and understandably want to see the fruits of their recruitment in a specific area they tapped you for.

Keep it up! Shantanu is driving a great vision of the digital platform. Only advice I have is to continue to double down on the talent Adobe houses. The more opportunity for growth you provide the more tenure you retain.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe