There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Working at Macromedia before it was acquired by Adobe was exciting. Afterwards it became slower moving.

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

It is a good working environment. I enjoy working with almost all my colleagues. It is not too demanding and work time is very flexible. I was able to work from home twice a week.

Cons

After the Macromedia acquisition all of sound it felt like we were working at a really big company. It was much slower moving and harder to get things done. Seems like we just keep acquiring companies since they can build things quicker than it would take to do within Adobe. We have had problems communicating to the development community the whole Flex story. There are certain people who just plug along and don't contribute much, while other good people were let go as part of the yearly layoffs. They reduced employee benefits e.g. ability to roll over PTO time from one year to the next eliminated profit sharing, instituted bonuses (at your managers discretion), and are now doing a forced week off each year, they tried to position this as if it was a better deal but no one bought that.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees. Promote someone else to CEO. Avoid the big yearly layoffs, especially since good people are let go and then you just start hiring again. Stop moving projects offshore.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. educative and perfect

Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

The opportunity of working with smart and nice people. Working on very interesting projects. Attending many educative conferences.

Cons

Like any other corporate system there is a defined way of design and as a designer your first job is to understand the rules and obey them.

Nice Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Good Place to Work.
    Lot of support from peers.
    Decent amount of motivation.
    Great Location.
    Good Learning opportunities.
    Good Care of Employees.

Cons

Salary is less.
    Lot of politics. If you are in good books of an influential person and don't know what to work on you still do well.

Advice to Management

Instead of firing people every and and again rehiring management should focus on proper product development to capture good market share.