There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Great place to work but has some warts

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects, good life/work balance, good benefits, great location and office in SF. Recent acquisitions have brought in good product, technology, and people.

Cons

Several key strategic missteps in the last few years have kept the stock price stagnant, harmed morale. Heavy emphasis on offshoring leads to little stability and high turnover. Frequent layoffs are demoralizing.

Advice to Management

The subscription business model change is a good bold move, glad to finally see some risk-taking, keep it up.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very smart people; very unfocused management

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The technical people, computer scientists and architects are some of the smartest and most passionate people I've ever worked for in over 20 years in software companies. There is an expert in anything - you're never more than 2-3 phone calls or emails from getting a very authoritative answer to any question.

Cons

There have been layoffs in 5 of the last 7 years. There is no job security, and no long term plans. Its virtually impossible to plan out more than 2-3 months of a project, and there is no vision on what products to build, what customers need. In the last ~3 years this has become one of the most chaotic, me-too organizations.

Advice to Management

Please, oh please, figure out where you want this company to go, and focus on getting there. You're far too scattered and ambiguous to be successful. Remember when Adobe was known for Photoshop and Acrobat? What is Adobe known for now? Mediocrity and chaos.

2. Great place to work

Current Intern - Research Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Current Intern - Research Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I did research internship at Adobe. I was very satisfied with the research group they have there. The people are very professional, most of them affiliate to UW as well. This creates a very strong connection between Adobe and academic world. I worked at CTL - this group cooperates with many universities worldwide. The work is very interesting, it involves pure research and relation to Adobe's product. The group also makes great technology transfers - one can see his reseach in a real product even after two years.

Cons

I did not found any downsides