There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Adobe: my platform from which to transform the world, and improve the future of digital media.

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

We create tools that enable creative expression that's never before been possible! Adobe understands what it takes to ship world-class software; we have a software development process that's sane, challenging, intuitive, and which ensures that we maintain a semblance of work / life balance.

Cons

Our competence is sometimes punished by further responsibility. "You did THAT, without additional headcount? Well, let's see if you can do even BETTER, without additional headcount!" "Great job meeting those aggressive quarterly numbers. Here are some BIGGER numbers to beat. Recession? WHAT recession?"

I kid, but Adobe wrings every bit of productivity from its groups. Our 'modular' approach to software development allows this to work. Under-performers don't last long at Adobe, which is good for our corporate DNA.

Advice to Management

Give teams more time to develop point-product features, rather than prioritizing Suites above all. Oh, and more random bonuses for Engineering Managers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Adobe makes great products!

Current Employee - Design Researcher in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Design Researcher in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Great company to work for with high level of respect for employees and customers. Adobe and it's employees live their values. Adobe builds great products and engenders a lot of customer loyalty by treating it's customers and employees right.

Cons

Not enough reliance on internal experts to drive product direction; not enough vision set down from senior management to coalesce a strategy

Advice to Management

Set an agressive, sensible, business-minded vision for what our products could be and select strong leaders to help deliver that vision

2. There is great potential to learn and develop as a professional and as a human being. The work loads are flexible.

Current Employee - Lead Quality Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Quality Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

There are lots of benefits, it's a tolerant environment, and there are flexible hours.

Cons

My area is a withering branch. Proven technology might be neglected while non-proven technology is given lots of attention.

Advice to Management

The jobs should stay here and not be outsourced.