Adobe

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Too Many Managers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good office location,Good Gym,Good Beer Bash

Cons

Too many managers. In some cases you have 9 managers between the poor employee and the CEO. Outright nepotism in promoting individuals especially in QE. Some managers do not even come to work every day, rumors are they have a side business to attend.

Try to keep a flat structure. Have a open forum to discuss issues with the employees

1183 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Great place to work but has some warts

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of interesting projects, good life/work balance, good benefits, great location and office in SF. Recent acquisitions have brought in good product, technology, and people.

Cons

Several key strategic missteps in the last few years have kept the stock price stagnant, harmed morale. Heavy emphasis on offshoring leads to little stability and high turnover. Frequent layoffs are demoralizing.

The subscription business model change is a good bold move, glad to finally see some risk-taking, keep it up.

Great place to work

Current Intern - Research Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Current Intern - Research Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I did research internship at Adobe. I was very satisfied with the research group they have there. The people are very professional, most of them affiliate to UW as well. This creates a very strong connection between Adobe and academic world. I worked at CTL - this group cooperates with many universities worldwide. The work is very interesting, it involves pure research and relation to Adobe's product. The group also makes great technology transfers - one can see his reseach in a real product even after two years.

Cons

I did not found any downsides

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe