There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

A company that competes with itself

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great people
* Good opportunities if you act on them
* Interesting projects & technology

Cons

Corporate politics reign at Adobe. Given it's size and history, there is a lot of bad blood between different groups. This leads to different divisions creating similar technologies, instead of investing in a single best-of-breed technology.

Don't take this to mean that the company is on the decline... I just believe that it can be so much better.

Advice to Management

The CTO needs to realize he is not hearing the entire story and needs to foster a culture of unification.

reviews filtered by

Awesome Company, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, they allow your creativity to run wild and cultivate a culture of innovation. I am consistently presented with new and exciting opportunities and the company is constantly changing with the times. Obviously simply having their name on a resume is huge, but I've found there are plenty of reasons for that to be the case.

Cons

It seems unless you work 60+ hours/week, it's hard to move up per se. Although there are a lot of opportunities, they don't necessarily come with more cash/benefits. The yearly review process doesn't exist anymore and is an "on going" process. That's great in general, getting constant constructive feedback. However, what's yet to be seen is how this will work with promotions/recognition

Advice to Management

A clearer path to promotion possibly? More incremental monetary bonuses, especially spot bonuses, would go a great distance as well.

Adobe is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits at Adobe are excellent. They really do a lot for their employees. The Adobe culture is great and I think it is getting better. The people at Adobe enjoy their jobs and it shows in interactions.

Cons

Very tall company and a lot of middle management feels a bit stale. I think many departments are a bit over segregated creating unnecessary levels of management and hierarchy between employees and people with real authority.

Advice to Management

Don't allow middle management to stay too long without progressing.