Adobe

www.adobe.com

Great stable company to work for that attracts strong talent, but advancement can be somewhat slow

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsCompared to other software companies in The Valley, Adobe really values a sustainable work/life balance - not just marketing gimmicks to get someone to come work for the company. They also provide a generous PTO allowance, thought in light of the recent economic downturn you will be forced to draw down against that balance during once per quarter mandatory company shutdowns.

ConsAdvancement for employees just making their mark in the industry can be rough, as I've found this place like a techies retirement home. Employees are perfectly happy remaining at their current levels, without advancing. However, the company does make it relatively easy to transfer groups to learn a new discipline that might offer that advancement opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key between staff and senior management. Closed door meetings between senior management is common, and when decisions are ultimately handed down it doesn't appear that the people directly impacted are ever looped in. Being a bit more proactive with communication and the impacts certain decisions have on staff are big, and big points with trust can be earned when this is done.

Adobe is a good place to work

Senior Computer Scientist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros: Development schedules are reasonable, projects are interesting, lots of smart co-workers across the company, we have access to resources needed to succeed in our delivering… Cons: The business side sometimes struggles to properly identify and size new target markets. The company gets sucked into opportunity tangents that are… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time upfront with market sizing and background homework… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Adobe - Impressive, but can do better

Group Product Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros: Brand Exposure Impact Benefits Work life balance Cons: Slow Good people, but not the sharpest in the toolshop Advice to Senior Management: Move quickly Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Adobe.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!