Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Great stable company to work for that attracts strong talent, but advancement can be somewhat slow

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Compared to other software companies in The Valley, Adobe really values a sustainable work/life balance - not just marketing gimmicks to get someone to come work for the company. They also provide a generous PTO allowance, thought in light of the recent economic downturn you will be forced to draw down against that balance during once per quarter mandatory company shutdowns.

Cons

Advancement for employees just making their mark in the industry can be rough, as I've found this place like a techies retirement home. Employees are perfectly happy remaining at their current levels, without advancing. However, the company does make it relatively easy to transfer groups to learn a new discipline that might offer that advancement opportunity.

Communication is key between staff and senior management. Closed door meetings between senior management is common, and when decisions are ultimately handed down it doesn't appear that the people directly impacted are ever looped in. Being a bit more proactive with communication and the impacts certain decisions have on staff are big, and big points with trust can be earned when this is done.

1122 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Adobe is a good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Development schedules are reasonable, projects are interesting, lots of smart co-workers across the company, we have access to resources needed to succeed in our delivering our products. Overall, it's a very nice work environment with a diverse employee population. Management is communicative at all levels, compensation does reflect contribution, and office politics are generally kept to a minimum.

Cons

The business side sometimes struggles to properly identify and size new target markets. The company gets sucked into opportunity tangents that are not core to our business or strengths. Business side also seems to struggle with what's trendy (like social networks), vs. what's actually profitable.

Spend more time upfront with market sizing and background homework before launching new speculative businesses.

Adobe - Impressive, but can do better

Current Employee - Group Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Group Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Brand
    Exposure
    Impact
    Benefits
    Work life balance

Cons

Slow
    Good people, but not the sharpest in the toolshop

Move quickly