Adobe
3.8 of 5 1,004 reviews
www.adobe.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

Ability To Make Things Better or Worse For Millions Of Customers

Group Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAdobe provides an amazing opportunity to create software that millions of people around the world use every day to make their own business work - that fact continues to amaze and motivate me and many people I work with. Lots of people I have spoken to who have left Adobe to pursue other opportunities seem to then want to come back, partly because of that opportunity to reach so many people. More generally it's also a company that pays well compared to many of the other tech companies, and has great benefits. It's also a company stuffed with talented and clever people which makes it a great environment to work in.

ConsEvery couple of months our middle to upper management tell us that the company needs to take some kind of new direction. There is often an air of 'Oh, last month's plan was created by someone who was an idiot, but THIS plan is really the one that will save us'. Then plan then inevitably changes yet again a month later. This means that it's very difficult to create and grow products or teams that become sustainable and meaningful. Likewise for middle to upper management, seemingly the ONLY thing that matters is strategy, or 'the slide deck'. Little time is spend understanding or driving real execution. It seems to many that our executives believe that execution is something that the magical pixies do with when they've gone home. All these frequent changes have led to an environment where everything is a drama, everything is needed yesterday, and asking or even expecting people to work crazy hours is considered the normal. Even worse, success is measured in terms of movement, and NOT the actual outcome.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time developing your management teams into real managers and leaders. Apple think's it's important enough to have it's own university, and we think it merits the occasions one day training.

Create more accountability - when was the last time that someone was held accountable for a failed project or product?

Fail fast is NOT a company strategy. It is simply a Valley buzzword that is used as an excuse for not doing our jobs properly.

Finance Project Manager

San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Enjoyed my team and the people. Cons: Manager was weak and untrusting Advice to Senior Management: Be more open. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Adobe remains to be a solid company to work for, but strategies flounder.

Director (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits, perks, great technology. A lot of opportunity to move the… Cons: Not willing to truly invest in marketing. A fantastic brand that you never hear about. New business strategies flounder.… Advice to Senior Management: Unwillingness to take enough appropriate risk to move new businesses forward will undermine the company in the long run. (e.g. The company bounced around an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Adobe.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Adobe reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen. All reviews posted anonymously by Adobe employees.