Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

It would take a lot to get to me leave...

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance and I enjoy working with everyone I've had a chance to work with. All kinds of benefits - great medical, good salary, work from home, sabbatical, fitness reimbursement, 3-6 months mat leave, 2 weeks of shutdown plus lots of vacation days, adoption bennies, and more. Working hard is not difficult when you get compensated appropriately.

Cons

Layoffs every year are a big bummer and not knowing if your product will be around another year or what new direction the company is going to take is nerve racking and counterproductive. Supposedly the yearly layoffs are supposed to stop (they didn't do it this year so let's hope it stays that way). Finding your way around Adobe and figuring out how to get things done around all the red tape and slow movement is half the battle. The Omniture acquisition was a downer culturally for both sides - still not fixed.

Look inward for talent and proactive search out employees for new opportunities - help them move up and out around Adobe. A lot of employees seem stuck in their same area and level for a long time.

1121 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Ability To Make Things Better or Worse For Millions Of Customers

Current Employee - Group Product Manager
    Current Employee - Group Product Manager

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

Adobe provides an amazing opportunity to create software that millions of people around the world use every day to make their own business work - that fact continues to amaze and motivate me and many people I work with. Lots of people I have spoken to who have left Adobe to pursue other opportunities seem to then want to come back, partly because of that opportunity to reach so many people. More generally it's also a company that pays well compared to many of the other tech companies, and has great benefits. It's also a company stuffed with talented and clever people which makes it a great environment to work in.

Cons

Every couple of months our middle to upper management tell us that the company needs to take some kind of new direction. There is often an air of 'Oh, last month's plan was created by someone who was an idiot, but THIS plan is really the one that will save us'. Then plan then inevitably changes yet again a month later. This means that it's very difficult to create and grow products or teams that become sustainable and meaningful. Likewise for middle to upper management, seemingly the ONLY thing that matters is strategy, or 'the slide deck'. Little time is spend understanding or driving real execution. It seems to many that our executives believe that execution is something that the magical pixies do with when they've gone home. All these frequent changes have led to an environment where everything is a drama, everything is needed yesterday, and asking or even expecting people to work crazy hours is considered the normal. Even worse, success is measured in terms of movement, and NOT the actual outcome.

Spend more time developing your management teams into real managers and leaders. Apple think's it's important enough to have it's own university, and we think it merits the occasions one day training.

Create more accountability - when was the last time that someone was held accountable for a failed project or product?

Fail fast is NOT a company strategy. It is simply a Valley buzzword that is used as an excuse for not doing our jobs properly.

Good environment for market research

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent work environment - you get your own office, decent pay, excellent benefits, not a lot of work load, friendly co-workers

Cons

political, not a lot of room for advancement, questions regarding business strategy succeeding, over-staffed in many areas

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe