Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

positive experience. Good career growth,friendly culture, smart people

Current Employee - Product Developer in Lehi, UT
Current Employee - Product Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

growing market, friendly culture, very smart people

Cons

sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen no one to say yes or no

1125 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Authentic, Creative, Innovative

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've never worked for a company, let alone a tech company where the average tenure is so high, 10+ years. Amazing management, great values, no gimmicks, and phenomenal products. We are always being pushed to innovate and it's rewarded. This is the most diverse tech company I know: all ages, genders, nationalities.

Cons

The workload at certain times of year can be very high.

Keep up the good work

Layoffs every November.

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It's a good place to work. They're innovative and they show willingness to take big risks, most of which have paid off since 2009.

Cons

If you love to update your resume and begin looking for jobs every October, and you love being terrified that your position will be eliminated without explanation even if you're an exemplary employee, then Adobe is the place for you!

Major restructuring happens in early- to mid-November every year, and about 5-10% of the workforce is laid off. Rather than attempting to find new positions for good employees, they just throw out the good and the bad across the whole company. If someone high up doesn't like you, you're in trouble, no matter how much value you've created for the company.

(Note: I have not been laid off, but enough of my colleagues have been that I feel justified in writing this. If management just cut the dead wood, that would be fine--but people with consistently high performance marks are tossed off without a care, and others who create no value are kept around long past the years that they should have been let go.)

Stop "Novembering" people. Yes, it's so bad that "to November" has become a verb within Adobe. And it causes collateral damage. In addition to the people you let go each year, enough people get sick of the practice (and annual major reorganizations) that they begin looking for other jobs as well.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe