Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Overall a good company to work for

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

- Very smart developers
- Good work.
- Work life balance
- Very good managers

Cons

- Compensation differs a lot between teams ! The money making teams make a lot more than other teams.
- Lot of difference between teams.

Although flash and related products are not key money making products for Adobe, these are very important for overall company strategy. Please compensate the employees equally for these products, otherwise talented employees will start looking elsewhere.

1125 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Extremely political workplace, but good if you're on the right team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

--excellent compensation
    --private offices
    --flexible policies
    --diverse workforce
    --fun products
    --good on your resume

Cons

--many managers are promoted as a reward for time at the company--*not* for competence or true management ability
    --in some areas, teams actively dislike each other (and even within some teams) and management either ignores or is helpless to solve the problems

Less time should be spent paying lip-service to political correctness, and more to relations among coworkers--and set some standards and training for your management in how to manage people

Comfortable but not world-changing

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

- Very reasonable hours; I almost never work weekends (only about once a year during "crunch time").
    - Very friendly place to work, not at all confrontational or competitive.
    - People at Adobe are less nerdy than at some other companies, perhaps due to all the design-oriented products that the company makes.
    - I think the company is in a fairly good place in terms of future growth potential.
    - Steep discounts (about as steep as you can get) on all those great Adobe products.

Cons

- Although my peers are pretty good programmers, they are not as good as the people I used to work with at another large software company.
    - Adobe is not the kind of place that is "changing the world" in the way that Apple and Google are.

Adobe really should do a better job at college hiring. I feel that we seldom get the top-notch students from the nation's top computer science universities. There are some awesome people coming out of these schools, and Adobe should be trying to get more of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe