There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Extremely political workplace, but good if you're on the right team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

--excellent compensation
--private offices
--flexible policies
--diverse workforce
--fun products
--good on your resume

Cons

--many managers are promoted as a reward for time at the company--*not* for competence or true management ability
--in some areas, teams actively dislike each other (and even within some teams) and management either ignores or is helpless to solve the problems

Less time should be spent paying lip-service to political correctness, and more to relations among coworkers--and set some standards and training for your management in how to manage people

1064 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Great people and benefits, but bad practices in some areas

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer  in  South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Most of the professionals at Adobe are exceptionally smart, competent, and easy to work with. The salaries are very competitive and the benefits, especially health insurance benefits, are great.

Cons

The Learning Resources group, which handles technical writing and documentation, is neither well-organized nor well-run. Decisions are made based on nebulous ideas about future trends and not based on better service for the customer. Cross-functional communication is very limited. There is a new initiative to lay off US employees and move jobs to India, and this initiative is not being handled well.

I suggest paying more attention to the ideas of key employees, and also slowing down the plans to move jobs offshore.

Comfortable but not world-changing

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

- Very reasonable hours; I almost never work weekends (only about once a year during "crunch time").
    - Very friendly place to work, not at all confrontational or competitive.
    - People at Adobe are less nerdy than at some other companies, perhaps due to all the design-oriented products that the company makes.
    - I think the company is in a fairly good place in terms of future growth potential.
    - Steep discounts (about as steep as you can get) on all those great Adobe products.

Cons

- Although my peers are pretty good programmers, they are not as good as the people I used to work with at another large software company.
    - Adobe is not the kind of place that is "changing the world" in the way that Apple and Google are.

Adobe really should do a better job at college hiring. I feel that we seldom get the top-notch students from the nation's top computer science universities. There are some awesome people coming out of these schools, and Adobe should be trying to get more of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!