Adobe

www.adobe.com

If you're looking for innovation or a younger crowd, don't bother.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros* Benefits/compensation are great. Compared to most of the other companies in the area Adobe pays at or above most and the all of the other health/dental/vision/etc. benefits are great as well. There are auxiliary benefits such as an onsite gym and cafeterias as well.
* Even though I didn't stay long enough, the sabbatical program is really great. In each year you hit it (everyone 5 years at Adobe) you basically get 5-7 paid weeks off (on time of normal vacation) depending on how long you've been around.

Cons* Let's face it, this is not a young person company and if there are, a lot of them then they are hidden really well. Based on what I could see the average age was probably close to 37ish which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a company, but when considering Adobe straight out of college or soon afterwards, just be aware of this fact.
* Innovation just doesn't happen outside of a few key teams (namely, Flash and AIR). Most people I encountered were there more for keeping their job and keeping their bosses happy. This point probably goes along with the relatively older age of Adobe, as most of these people have families and want to make sure they keep their great benefits. People taking risks and putting extra time to make sure things get done was rarely seen while I was there. I even tried to spend some free time working on side projects which would really help the team, but no one seemed to care at all about them.
* Outsourcing. I know it's a fact of the industry that parts of companies are going abroad, and I generally don't have a problem with this if it's done correctly. However, it seems that at Adobe this happening at a very rapid pace. I was on two different teams at Adobe in very different areas and both of which are slated to go entirely overseas in the next couple years. Not only are they leaving the US, but the teams I worked on already had large portions of the teams overseas and communication was awful. It seemed we spent more time trying to keep them up to date/speed then we were trying to actually get things done sometimes (perhaps so when the time came to get laid off they India teams would be ready?).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet younger and fast. Most of the older employees aren't going to really innovate as fast or want to innovate as younger people are. There are a ton of areas that could really explode and take a stranglehold of a market segment but there just doesn't seem to be the incentive or impetus from management to work in these areas. Also, reconsider strongly how fast and which teams you are sending to India, it sends a very wrong message if done too overtly and quickly.

Supportive Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros: Adobe has a great culture, supporting employees while producing great… Cons: It is tough to have to talk about Apple vs… Advice to Senior Management: Fix things with Steve Jobs! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good overall

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros: Great salary and benefits, interesting work Cons: Offshoring of jobs, high stress Advice to Senior Management: Compensation is very good, but it is not the only… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Adobe.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!