Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

If you're looking for innovation or a younger crowd, don't bother.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

* Benefits/compensation are great. Compared to most of the other companies in the area Adobe pays at or above most and the all of the other health/dental/vision/etc. benefits are great as well. There are auxiliary benefits such as an onsite gym and cafeterias as well.
* Even though I didn't stay long enough, the sabbatical program is really great. In each year you hit it (everyone 5 years at Adobe) you basically get 5-7 paid weeks off (on time of normal vacation) depending on how long you've been around.

Cons

* Let's face it, this is not a young person company and if there are, a lot of them then they are hidden really well. Based on what I could see the average age was probably close to 37ish which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a company, but when considering Adobe straight out of college or soon afterwards, just be aware of this fact.
* Innovation just doesn't happen outside of a few key teams (namely, Flash and AIR). Most people I encountered were there more for keeping their job and keeping their bosses happy. This point probably goes along with the relatively older age of Adobe, as most of these people have families and want to make sure they keep their great benefits. People taking risks and putting extra time to make sure things get done was rarely seen while I was there. I even tried to spend some free time working on side projects which would really help the team, but no one seemed to care at all about them.
* Outsourcing. I know it's a fact of the industry that parts of companies are going abroad, and I generally don't have a problem with this if it's done correctly. However, it seems that at Adobe this happening at a very rapid pace. I was on two different teams at Adobe in very different areas and both of which are slated to go entirely overseas in the next couple years. Not only are they leaving the US, but the teams I worked on already had large portions of the teams overseas and communication was awful. It seemed we spent more time trying to keep them up to date/speed then we were trying to actually get things done sometimes (perhaps so when the time came to get laid off they India teams would be ready?).

Get younger and fast. Most of the older employees aren't going to really innovate as fast or want to innovate as younger people are. There are a ton of areas that could really explode and take a stranglehold of a market segment but there just doesn't seem to be the incentive or impetus from management to work in these areas. Also, reconsider strongly how fast and which teams you are sending to India, it sends a very wrong message if done too overtly and quickly.

1121 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Stay away from this company if you are not an Engineer...

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Great Benefits Package, Great Company if you are an Engineer

Cons

If you work in any G&A function (Legal, Audit, Supply Chain, Purchasing, IT, Order Mangement) in which Adobe Managers have been in the group for 10+ years, your advancement opportunities are nill, which is of course not what I was told during the interview. Managers are only interested in working you so that they can get ahead. Absolutely the worst company I have worked for.

Get rid of the managers who don't do any work!!!

review

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

good pay, good treating of employees. very good working conditions, health benefits, vision benefits, basketball court, transportation reimbursment

Cons

the company can sometimes move very slowly and it can take it a while to make decision and to compete with other companies and the salary is baesd a lot on stock

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe