Adobe

www.adobe.com
  www.adobe.com
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Lots of talk and not enough follow through.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Benefits and pay is on par and everyone seems happy that stays. Adobe tries to make things better for employees by throwing activities and maintaining a balance. There are some cool technologies coming out of Adobe and if your a fan-boy you will be very happy here. People respect families in Adobe some people have been around for +20 years and for a high-tech company that is still producing some forefront technologies that is great. It's a leading software producing company that has done some good strategic moves to keep things fresh.

Cons

Moving fast is hard and there is a lot of isolation. Management could be better sometimes you are left to fend for yourself. A lot of teams doing the same thing and not enough communications across the company. Everyone is doing there own projects and you get a lot of soloing of resources.

More communications between teams and ensure that new employees get assimilated properly to ensure morale is good.

1122 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, but like all other places, there are areas for improvement.

Current Employee - Legal Counsel in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Counsel in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Most of my colleagues are super--smart, hard-working, team-players, operate in the best interests of the company. Great innovation--it is incredible how much innovation is going on within the company. Cool products, cool brand, users love Adobe!

Cons

Organization is pretty flat, so some feel potential promotions is more limited.
    Consensus-driven company (although in some cases is a good thing, it can bog down decision making, especially at the very top levels of the company).
    Pay could be better--not sure how HR does its benchmarking, but we seem to have lower salaries than my colleagues at other high-tech companies in the Valley.

Great culture, great products and innovation. Be aggressive in the market place and remain visionary, not just tactical. Make sure to not run functional groups, like legal, too lean for too long.

If you're looking for innovation or a younger crowd, don't bother.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

* Benefits/compensation are great. Compared to most of the other companies in the area Adobe pays at or above most and the all of the other health/dental/vision/etc. benefits are great as well. There are auxiliary benefits such as an onsite gym and cafeterias as well.
    * Even though I didn't stay long enough, the sabbatical program is really great. In each year you hit it (everyone 5 years at Adobe) you basically get 5-7 paid weeks off (on time of normal vacation) depending on how long you've been around.

Cons

* Let's face it, this is not a young person company and if there are, a lot of them then they are hidden really well. Based on what I could see the average age was probably close to 37ish which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a company, but when considering Adobe straight out of college or soon afterwards, just be aware of this fact.
    * Innovation just doesn't happen outside of a few key teams (namely, Flash and AIR). Most people I encountered were there more for keeping their job and keeping their bosses happy. This point probably goes along with the relatively older age of Adobe, as most of these people have families and want to make sure they keep their great benefits. People taking risks and putting extra time to make sure things get done was rarely seen while I was there. I even tried to spend some free time working on side projects which would really help the team, but no one seemed to care at all about them.
    * Outsourcing. I know it's a fact of the industry that parts of companies are going abroad, and I generally don't have a problem with this if it's done correctly. However, it seems that at Adobe this happening at a very rapid pace. I was on two different teams at Adobe in very different areas and both of which are slated to go entirely overseas in the next couple years. Not only are they leaving the US, but the teams I worked on already had large portions of the teams overseas and communication was awful. It seemed we spent more time trying to keep them up to date/speed then we were trying to actually get things done sometimes (perhaps so when the time came to get laid off they India teams would be ready?).

Get younger and fast. Most of the older employees aren't going to really innovate as fast or want to innovate as younger people are. There are a ton of areas that could really explode and take a stranglehold of a market segment but there just doesn't seem to be the incentive or impetus from management to work in these areas. Also, reconsider strongly how fast and which teams you are sending to India, it sends a very wrong message if done too overtly and quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe