There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Lots of talk and not enough follow through.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Benefits and pay is on par and everyone seems happy that stays. Adobe tries to make things better for employees by throwing activities and maintaining a balance. There are some cool technologies coming out of Adobe and if your a fan-boy you will be very happy here. People respect families in Adobe some people have been around for +20 years and for a high-tech company that is still producing some forefront technologies that is great. It's a leading software producing company that has done some good strategic moves to keep things fresh.

Cons

Moving fast is hard and there is a lot of isolation. Management could be better sometimes you are left to fend for yourself. A lot of teams doing the same thing and not enough communications across the company. Everyone is doing there own projects and you get a lot of soloing of resources.

Advice to Management

More communications between teams and ensure that new employees get assimilated properly to ensure morale is good.

reviews filtered by

Great place to work, but like all other places, there are areas for improvement.

Current Employee - Legal Counsel in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Counsel in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Most of my colleagues are super--smart, hard-working, team-players, operate in the best interests of the company. Great innovation--it is incredible how much innovation is going on within the company. Cool products, cool brand, users love Adobe!

Cons

Organization is pretty flat, so some feel potential promotions is more limited.
    Consensus-driven company (although in some cases is a good thing, it can bog down decision making, especially at the very top levels of the company).
    Pay could be better--not sure how HR does its benchmarking, but we seem to have lower salaries than my colleagues at other high-tech companies in the Valley.

Advice to Management

Great culture, great products and innovation. Be aggressive in the market place and remain visionary, not just tactical. Make sure to not run functional groups, like legal, too lean for too long.

Stay away from this company if you are not an Engineer...

Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe

Pros

Great Benefits Package, Great Company if you are an Engineer

Cons

If you work in any G&A function (Legal, Audit, Supply Chain, Purchasing, IT, Order Mangement) in which Adobe Managers have been in the group for 10+ years, your advancement opportunities are nill, which is of course not what I was told during the interview. Managers are only interested in working you so that they can get ahead. Absolutely the worst company I have worked for.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the managers who don't do any work!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe