Adobe

www.adobe.com

Becoming less fun to work here as corporation and resulting bureaucracy grows

Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsYou get to work on interesting products and technologies. If you don't like what you are doing, it is relatively easy to transfer to another group. Company has a good reputation in the marketplace. Very good benefits and amenities, including employee software purchasing, private offices, on-site post office and gym, some free food and drinks.

ConsBenefits have been significantly cut in the last couple of years. Promotions are difficult to get. Cost-cutting measures have resulted in ridiculous bureaucracy in purchasing equipment. Layoffs are frequent. New hires are usually in China and India instead of USA. With some products there is a lack of leadership from senior management, which results in low-quality products. It is very difficult to fire incompetent people, especially managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd a system for people to review their managers so senior management can be notified about poor managers. Instead of laying off people in the US to boost the stock price, should be investing in acquiring great talent to really mature some of our products.

No other place I would rather be

Consultant (Adobe Consulting, for Omniture Technology) (Current Employee) Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe

Pros: Collaborative Smart Balanced work/life Engaging, dynamic projects with huge companies Great internal resources Cutting edge… Cons: (Omniture consulting) Unclear guidelines for promotions New innovations constantly Lots of offerings to… Advice to Senior Management: Very satisfied, admire strategies and principles of management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company, but possibly in decline.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros: Good culture, although declining. Lots of opportunity, if you are proactive and push… Cons: Sr. Management becoming much more insular. Seem to becoming more tone deaf- to wall street, to customers, and… Advice to Senior Management: get more aggressive about driving innovation. Stop trying to protect our shrink wrap empire at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Adobe.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!