There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Adobe Product Marketing review

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

I like working for Adobe because I have the opportunity to work with fantastic people while developing and marketing best-in-class products. My colleagues and management are hard-working and talented individuals whom I enjoy working with. Many of my colleagues are not only co-workers, but they have also become good friends.

We make products that enable our customers to communicate and collaborate engaging ideas. As a product marketing manager, I gather feedback from sales and customers to help make our products even more powerful. In addition, it seems that nearly everyone I know outside of Adobe is an Adobe customer in some way shape or form. Many Adobe customers are very passionate about the products and love sharing feedback. Typically when it comes up in conversation that I work for Adobe, I end up in very animated discussions.

Cons

Adobe is a pretty large company and with our size comes bureaucracy and process. While I recognize the importance of process, sometimes the amount of process at Adobe can be stifling and frustrating. This is especially true for newer products that don't fit the mold of the core products.

While Adobe has a very collaborative environment, sometimes it is a little too collaborative. Combined with the process, the collaborative environment can lead to drawn out decisions. By taking too long to make decisions, sometimes we miss the boat on large opportunities.

Other than process and the tendency to draw out decisions, I cannot think of any other downsides.

Continue the quarterly all-hands meetings. They provide a great forum for us to gain more perspective about recent results as well as the vision of the company.

1064 Other Employee Reviews for Adobe (View Most Recent)

Adobe is by far the best company that I ever worked for

Current Employee - Web Production Artist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Web Production Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe offers great benefits for full-time employees, such as free ride for taking CalTrain, $100 commute expense, $30 for fitness expense per month, $10k education assistance program, free drink(milk, sodas, oj, etc), 15% discount on stock purchasing program, almost up to 4 weeks of PTO per calendar year, granting stocks to new hires, employees discount with many well-known vendors(Apple, IBM, etc), and most importantly I really like the free classes and trainings on their greatest products, including Photoshop, Flash, Flex, AIR, etc.

Also, you will get a chance to work in one of the leading software company in the world, and they dominate the market basically with very little competition. The company is always profitable and therefore job security is better at Adobe.

Although the recent financial crisis will affect Adobe at a certain degree, I think we are doing better than many of the companies out there. I worked for some online advertising agency in the past and if they lost a client or an account, you are screwed.

Cons

Too many layers and too much process. Sometimes it is quite hard to find information or wikis for instructions and procedures to do certain things. One simple task might take forever to finish just because it needs to go through many people.

Invest more money into creating and promoting new innovation and new software that make a huge impact in our society

Great company, great culture, great products that you can be proud of; just with nonsensical HR policies.

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Supportive culture, encourages risk taking and bottoms up decision making

Cons

HR policies around "equity" are horrible, specifically around people who move up in responsibility. You have to "boomerang"- move into a job where you're paid below industry standard, but that grants you increased responsibility; use those new skills to move into a similar, but higher paid role, at another company; then come back to Adobe later for the great culture.

Revisit HR policies to ensure that you're investing in developing and retaining star employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!