Adobe Product Marketing review

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

I like working for Adobe because I have the opportunity to work with fantastic people while developing and marketing best-in-class products. My colleagues and management are hard-working and talented individuals whom I enjoy working with. Many of my colleagues are not only co-workers, but they have also become good friends.

We make products that enable our customers to communicate and collaborate engaging ideas. As a product marketing manager, I gather feedback from sales and customers to help make our products even more powerful. In addition, it seems that nearly everyone I know outside of Adobe is an Adobe customer in some way shape or form. Many Adobe customers are very passionate about the products and love sharing feedback. Typically when it comes up in conversation that I work for Adobe, I end up in very animated discussions.

Cons

Adobe is a pretty large company and with our size comes bureaucracy and process. While I recognize the importance of process, sometimes the amount of process at Adobe can be stifling and frustrating. This is especially true for newer products that don't fit the mold of the core products.

While Adobe has a very collaborative environment, sometimes it is a little too collaborative. Combined with the process, the collaborative environment can lead to drawn out decisions. By taking too long to make decisions, sometimes we miss the boat on large opportunities.

Other than process and the tendency to draw out decisions, I cannot think of any other downsides.

Continue the quarterly all-hands meetings. They provide a great forum for us to gain more perspective about recent results as well as the vision of the company.

Other Reviews for Adobe

Adobe is by far the best company that I ever worked for

Current Employee - Web Production Artist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Web Production Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Adobe offers great benefits for full-time employees, such as free ride for taking CalTrain, $100 commute expense, $30 for fitness expense per month, $10k education assistance program, free drink(milk, sodas, oj, etc), 15% discount on stock purchasing program, almost up to 4 weeks of PTO per calendar year, granting stocks to new hires, employees discount with many well-known vendors(Apple, IBM, etc), and most importantly I really like the free classes and trainings on their greatest products, including Photoshop, Flash, Flex, AIR, etc.

Also, you will get a chance to work in one of the leading software company in the world, and they dominate the market basically with very little competition. The company is always profitable and therefore job security is better at Adobe.

Although the recent financial crisis will affect Adobe at a certain degree, I think we are doing better than many of the companies out there. I worked for some online advertising agency in the past and if they lost a client or an account, you are screwed.

Cons

Too many layers and too much process. Sometimes it is quite hard to find information or wikis for instructions and procedures to do certain things. One simple task might take forever to finish just because it needs to go through many people.

Invest more money into creating and promoting new innovation and new software that make a huge impact in our society

Riding past successes, hopefully continues to survive, pretends to be progressive but is actually fairly insular.

Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe

Pros

Interesting products, reasonable work-life balance, and they are trying do innovate and move beyond their core products. Good relative salaries. Macromedia aquisition helped to dilute the stifling old-boys club.

Cons

You need to be in the club - this is no meritocracy - it's an old-boys club. Thus if you aren't in this club - and it take years to be included - you will suffer an extremely slow path of development and promotion. If rapid growth is important to you, then you'll need to look elsewhere. Unfortunately a fair number of members of the 'club' have been at Adobe for a decade (or more), and they seem to feel like there is some time-based 'dues' that need to be paid. If you are a woman, it is also more difficult to get past Director level. There are very few that actually own product/revenue.

Our attempts at innovation are fairly weak and are very close to our existing products. Glacial pace of employee development leads many folks to looking elsewhere, even though it is easy to get caught in the 'comfort' trap. But you don't want folks comfortable - you want them striving for the next level. When it is apparent that you need to be in a club to advance, or here for more than 5 years, then motivation flags.

There are newer employer reviews for Adobe.

Worked for Adobe? Contribute to the Community!