Advance America

www.advanceamerica.net
  www.advanceamerica.net
There are newer employer reviews for Advance America

This place sucks to work for

Former Employee - Assistant Center Manager
Former Employee - Assistant Center Manager

I worked at Advance America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I had a good schedule. Off by 615 Mon thru Thurs, short day on Sat, and off on Sundays

Cons

They want you to market everyday for several hours. Very soon you run out of places to go. Corporate constantly threatens your job if you don't accomplish certain goals

Upper management needs to back up their employees instead of throwing them under the bus

May 21, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you appreciated the balanced schedule. Marketing is an important role because it is one of the strongest indicators of a successful store.

133 Other Employee Reviews for Advance America (View Most Recent)

A lot of changes needed for this company

Former Employee - Center Manager In Training in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Center Manager In Training in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Advance America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours of operation are not that bad. Closed on Sunday and closes every day at 7PM. Its good job experience to list on a resume for someone who doesn't have a degree. The work is not hard.

Cons

There is not enough pay for the amount of work you do. The centers are understaffed to the point customers walk out. You have to travel to and from the bank and are worked at other centers sometimes an hour drive time away. The attitude of upper management is sometimes abusive.

Corporate really needs to find out why there is such a high turn over rate in managers and CSRs. It is the treatment of their employees from higher management that makes people not want to stay.

May 21, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear the balanced schedule was a positive experience. We have spent a significant amount of time analyzing turnover and the reasons why employees leave ... More

Worst Job I have Ever Had!

Former Employee - Center Manager
    Former Employee - Center Manager

I worked at Advance America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is decent for the area.
    They pay mileage which is fair.
    The hours aren't too terrible.

Cons

Upper management is childish and does not have their act together. Ultimately, it is about who's friends with who. And if you don't want to kiss their behind, then you don't have a chance.

GROW UP! Quit being bullies!

May 20, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are always making improvements at Advance America and will continue to work on leadership development. Your comments are appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance America