Advance America

www.advanceamerica.net
  www.advanceamerica.net
There are newer employer reviews for Advance America

I have had a great experience with Advance America

I have been working at Advance America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Leadership, salary, training, company values; The company does an excellent job at building the team infrastructure.

Cons

There aren't many cons here at CSS. The only con that comes to mind is the city of Spartanburg; it is a growing city, but it is growing at a slow rate.

Advance America Response

Jul 26, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, Advance America was founded in the small town of Spartanburg, SC in 1997 and we have remained there ever since. Although Spartanburg is growing at a slow rate ... More

142 Other Employee Reviews for Advance America (View Most Recent)

Love the customers/ upper management is terrible

Current Employee - Center Manager in Freeport, IL
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Freeport, IL

I have been working at Advance America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

benefits, customers, hours, peers are mostly good to work with, hours are ok, sundays off. One day off during the week if your lucky.

Cons

Upper management is HORRIBLE, they don't respect their employees at all. Whatever you do it's not enough. No sense of leadership or employee relations. DDO's swear at you and are quick to point out everything you do wrong, unless your one of their favorites. It's all about bonuses for upper management, nothing for the employees that work their butts off.

Grow up, get your DDO's in line and show some respect.

Advance America Response

Jul 26, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. However, we do have an impressive Employee Relations department. This is an open door policy where you can call 24/7 and talk anonymously or report your name. We ... More

A good place to start but easy to out-grow

Former Employee - Center Manager
    Former Employee - Center Manager

I worked at Advance America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to gain essential job skills that are transferable to many career paths. Managers are tasked with many duties - self-motivation is a necessity to succeed.

Cons

Collections is a necessary part of any money lending service - but it can become depressing and frustrating trying to get customers to pay back their loans on time. The hours for a center manager can be very demanding. As a center manager I worked 6 days a week for a year and 1/2.

Improve the culture by improving the work-life balance. Match other financial service institutions i.e. and give your employees the same holidays off. Make the Saturday hours of operation shorter.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance America