Advance Auto Parts

www.advanceautoparts.com
  www.advanceautoparts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

do not apply at advance auto parts unless you like cars and hard work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edinburg, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Edinburg, TX

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

the best thing about advance auto parts was the fact that you got to learn a lot about cars. another great thing would probably be the discounts you would get on parts for your cars. it was great because we could second source parts from other places like catalogs and direct dealers and get advance auto parts' pricing. in other words we would only pay cost on the parts. the store i worked at was good because it was the hub. (the main warehouse for our district) did i mention the fact that we got really good discounts on just about everything.

Cons

some of the downsides of working at advance auto parts was the fact that the management was really bad, at least at my store. they start you off at 7.25 per hour. in my opinion that was probably the worst part. as a sales associate you have to many tasks to work on. first you have to clean the bathrooms after you close, then you have to front the store. after that you empty out the trash. and the worst task would be that you had to Zamboni the floors and buff them afterward every time you closed the store.

hire better management.

756 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lockport, NY

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

auto parts business is pretty stable and Advance is a growing company.

Cons

health benefits are poor. assistant mgr's are paid hourly. when you are hired they offer you an amount of money like a salary, they calculate this figure so that working 50 hours a week adsup to this number. The problrm is that when business is slow they try to give you less than 50 hrs. If you work less than 50 hrs, you will be making less than what they offered you to work for them. In the few years i had worked for advance they had continually reduced the bonus plan.

Advance Auto Parts. A great first job!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Christiansburg, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Christiansburg, VA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

If you own an older car and constantly working on it the 20% employee discount helps a lot. The pay is decent and the people I worked with were very easy to get along with. I started at $7 an hour and being a part time team member to being moved up to $9.50 and promoted to 2nd Assistant Manager. I'm sure if I would of stayed longer I could of kept moving up. I would recommend this job to anyone in high school or just graduating. If you stay there you are sure to move up quickly and if you enjoy cars you will learn lots.

Cons

The people that came in were rude and sometimes the hours were long.

Keep up the good work.