Advance Auto Parts
corp.advanceautoparts.com Roanoke, VA 5000+ Employees

do not apply at advance auto parts unless you like cars and hard work.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Edinburg, TX

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Prosthe best thing about advance auto parts was the fact that you got to learn a lot about cars. another great thing would probably be the discounts you would get on parts for your cars. it was great because we could second source parts from other places like catalogs and direct dealers and get advance auto parts' pricing. in other words we would only pay cost on the parts. the store i worked at was good because it was the hub. (the main warehouse for our district) did i mention the fact that we got really good discounts on just about everything.

Conssome of the downsides of working at advance auto parts was the fact that the management was really bad, at least at my store. they start you off at 7.25 per hour. in my opinion that was probably the worst part. as a sales associate you have to many tasks to work on. first you have to clean the bathrooms after you close, then you have to front the store. after that you empty out the trash. and the worst task would be that you had to Zamboni the floors and buff them afterward every time you closed the store.

Advice to Senior Managementhire better management.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Lockport, NY

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros: auto parts business is pretty stable and Advance is a… Cons: health benefits are poor. assistant mgr's are paid hourly. when you are hired they offer you an amount of money like a salary, they calculate… Advice to Senior Management: 1 More

Advance Auto Parts. A great first job!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Christiansburg, VA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts

Pros: If you own an older car and constantly working on it the 20% employee discount helps a lot. The pay is decent and the people… Cons: The people that came in were rude and sometimes the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advance Auto Parts CEO Darren R. Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees.