Advance Auto Parts

Watch your step

Former Employee - Commercial Accounts Manager  in  Poughkeepsie, NY
Former Employee - Commercial Accounts Manager in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

This employer, unlike many others, actually has a very good employee discount program with up to 30% off many items that are regularly needed.

Cons

The leadership of each location is key, but it seems as if leadership ability, people skills, and knowlege of automotive needs take a back seat to the "Good ol' boy" (Or Gal) tradition.

Promote from within based on actual ability to service customers and lead people.

674 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Advance Auto Parts is poorly ran by senior management.

Current Employee - Commercial Parts Pro  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Commercial Parts Pro in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coming to work everyday to help that customer who comes to Advance in need of our help.

Cons

Poor parts availability for commercial accounts. "Hub" stores that stock very small quantity of parts needed for accounts. Import parts that are warehoused 5 hrs away @ Master PDQ and takes 1 or 2 days to get. Commercial accounts need parts delivered that day in a timely manner, NOT 1 - 3 days. Loss sales average more than $2000 /week per store. Company wants you to second source parts when you can't get them from your own warehouse. Then complains when your gross margins are to low from second sourcing or price matching your competitors because were the highest(prices) in the industry. You stop second sourcing and you lose sales, can't win in this situation. Company wants you to call 10 accounts everyday by 10:00 am. Accounts are trying to run their own business and don't want want you calling them everyday. If they need something they will call you. Stores run on skeleton crews.

Get off the backs of the employees and let them run their own stores without micro-managing everything. CDL doesn't work and give more payroll and hours so the stores can be properly staffed. Make "Hub" stores 30000 - 50000 sq ft buildings for increased inventory. If were to second source parts, turn off gross margin on those parts. Its not our fault you don't give us the tools we need. Lower the price on parts, were to high. Stop implementing processes that are destroying the company to please the investors and allow senior management to make out like fat cats, while the employees that bust their butt get nothing. We need big changes or were going down. Check out AutoZone and O'Reilly's, they are outselling us every quarter!!

Employment

Current Employee - RPP  in  Alton, IL
    Current Employee - RPP in Alton, IL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Customers I deal with are the best

Cons

No raises. Been 3 years now. And if your in management it is really bad. More and more paperwork and do more. With no more pay. No advancement ops either. I use to love it but now its one of those jobs I dread. They don't take care of the employees like they say. Very disappointing

Fight harder for lower level management

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!