There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Good place to work.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Most employees do their jobs.
The GM will help you attain your goal if you do your job.
The company is stable and you need not worry about the business closing.

Cons

Hours and days change almost weekly making it hard to plan anything.
Hard to get 40 hours a week even at full-time.
Be sure the work load is shared or you will be the one doing most of the work.

Better control of how many employees and work hours/days.

710 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Too little Too Late!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I can't seem to muster any Pros about working for this company now a days....years ago, would've had lots of nice things to say!!!

Cons

It used to be a great place to work. Upper management should come on down....those part timers that work super hard, usually NO recognition. Now Upper, Upper management say in HQ..they should actually be forced to work in a REAL environment at a REAL store...cuz sitting behind their desks...they have NO CLUE of the real world out there, in these stores, which are understaffed, or staffed with people who get no REAL training. Training used to be important, now they have these GM's who are no good at training, my old team sure knew our GM was worthless...Now scheduling the employees....Try a GM who schedules around his own life, and could careless of the other TM's who say was having a birthday, or funeral...FORGET IT!!! You just might get a "I'll see what I can do" What a Joke" of a GM I had, and that poor team still has.
    Underpaid, OVERWORKED, No set schedule, and NO RECOGNITION.
    Sorry...but you lost a good worker right here, and NO I will never return to AAP. Couldn't Pay me enough. I now shop O'reilly's...not only do they have the same parts, they have better trained staff, and definitely CHEAPER prices.
    Stores are ALWAYS out of the parts you need....always waiting on store transfers, or overnight, or send a driver to pick up at a store nearby.......WASTE OF TIME!!!!!

Try working in a REAL store with REAL people, see just how awful you have made working for your company really is.

HELL on EARTH with redemption only by leaving anyway you can

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

discount on autoparts networking with people for other things other than autoparts

Cons

everything that isnt a pro! no advancement even if you walk in the door with more than 15 yrs experience as a manager at other autopart stores still just a counter person. apply to other locations and they still rather recruite outside of the company. if your a gm you constantly walk on eggshells because you cant get everthing done with the hours given. low pay. now trying to weed out everyone making 9 dollars or better. blurring the lines between autoparts sales and car repair(should not be installing batteries obd testing and the like) here in the dc md va area most gms last 3yrs tops before there fired step down or quit because of unrealalistic expectations from corporate. sell all the extra merchandise that peope dont need so the can bring in back on the slow days and than getting chastize for all the returns.
    They try to make the employees install batteries, test parts etc when no one has any certification to do any of this. Then if a problem occurs, you are at fault. Customers are given the impression that employees can diagnose the problems with their cars. Again no one has automotive training. Rather we are sales people of auto parts period. autozone advance about the same so if you have any parts knowledge go to a dealership where its a profession or a smaller operation. these companies do not respect the employee. revolving door minimum wage employment.

Suggest to DMs that your employees not be required to do mechanic work that they have no training to perform. sell parts promote from within and stop stripping employees of human dignity just becuse they need a job.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts