There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Company is growing and lots of potential

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Burbank, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Burbank, IL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good people and intentions, managers work with you very well.

Cons

the pay is horrible i am a university student and it is not cutting it

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Good and Bad

Current Employee - General Manager in Cochran, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cochran, GA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with people and receiving the thanks they give you .

Cons

District Leaders choice in General Management is horrible . If he likes you then your hired . Advancement opprotunities in key jobs are usually outsourced to gain cheaper labor . People inside of Company have taken demotions just to keep a job so that DL can save on labor costs. I have seen and experienced violations in the federal work law and have reported them but the GM sweeps them under the carpet or writes you up for something trivial like price matching < even when you have proof , its a like item and its a competitor like oreileys> . If you do not make sales goal in a Quarter you are Automatically put on a Final Corrective and if you do not get back to your goal in 4 weeks you are Automatically terminated . I have seen this company loose a lot of High Performing Employees due to its Childlike Management and Lack of Responseability .

Advice to Management

If you want to be a General Manager expect to work a minimum of 50hrs per week to 80hrs per week on the same pay . Expect Micromanagement at times from Unknowledgeable field members and corporate as well as District Managers . Also expect Complications in Computer equipment and software ,

Too little Too Late!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't seem to muster any Pros about working for this company now a days....years ago, would've had lots of nice things to say!!!

Cons

It used to be a great place to work. Upper management should come on down....those part timers that work super hard, usually NO recognition. Now Upper, Upper management say in HQ..they should actually be forced to work in a REAL environment at a REAL store...cuz sitting behind their desks...they have NO CLUE of the real world out there, in these stores, which are understaffed, or staffed with people who get no REAL training. Training used to be important, now they have these GM's who are no good at training, my old team sure knew our GM was worthless...Now scheduling the employees....Try a GM who schedules around his own life, and could careless of the other TM's who say was having a birthday, or funeral...FORGET IT!!! You just might get a "I'll see what I can do" What a Joke" of a GM I had, and that poor team still has. Underpaid, OVERWORKED, No set schedule, and NO RECOGNITION. Sorry...but you lost a good worker right here, and NO I will never return to AAP. Couldn't Pay me enough. I now shop O'reilly's...not only do they have the same parts, they have better trained staff, and definitely CHEAPER prices. Stores are ALWAYS out of the parts you need....always waiting on store transfers, or overnight, or send a driver to pick up at a store nearby.......WASTE OF TIME!!!!!

Advice to Management

Try working in a REAL store with REAL people, see just how awful you have made working for your company really is.