Advance Auto Parts
corp.advanceautoparts.com Roanoke, VA 5000+ Employees

Rewarding pay, but unprofessional upper management.

General Manager (Former Employee)
Marshfield, WI

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is great. Helping people solve there automotive issues. Sense of ownership until the last 2 mo.

Cons60-80 Hour weeks. Most store managers have lost the ability to manage their stores due to new district manager. Most stores have been instructed to reduce pay of employes, even store that are running a 30% sales gain over past years. Bonus program has been made into a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance needs more Dm's and Rvp's that have actually picked up a wrench professionally,and know how a shop runs. The auto industry in not your typical retail field and until you realize it you will always be a second call after NAPA or Car-quest.

Visual Merchandising department Autocad drafter

Autocad Drafter (Current Employee)
Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Employee friendship environment is wonderful Cons: Work lifestyle getting older has to renew some departments Advice to Senior Management: Motivate employee Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent place to start a career for a motivated individual with looking for a career in warehousing and retail sales.

Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Middlesboro, KY

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for less than a year

Pros: Knowledge and experience of the current team, management willing to take responsibility for bad mistakes.… Cons: Some sales pros, retails associates refuse to be flexible with their work hours… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advance Auto Parts CEO Darren R. Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees.