There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

time to change

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has endless opportunities to be the best but those at the top of the company do not have no clues about running a store.

Cons

This new ignite system they put in place is not helping us to dominate the industry we are in. we need new merchandise that car lovers a looking for. we need to have our stores more inviting. Stop managing from the main office our districy leaders are over worked with all the report and meetings and stores audit they have to complet. No wonder they do not spend no time in the stores .

Free the district leaders with less report and paper work. let them spend some time in the stores and mingle with the employees and customers for a full day without disruptions from the top leaders. Have our district leaders have a full day of fun in their stores to create a fun ambiance

reviews filtered by

Advance Auto Parts 4 out of 5 however, lately the company is losing ground.

Former Employee - General Manager in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - General Manager in Frederick, MD

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The compensation can and will be very good providing the efforts are put in.

Cons

Upper management will not be consistent with staffing issues. Primarily with supporting terminations for violating company policies, also with hiring policy procedures.

Document DM instructions.

Rewarding pay, but unprofessional upper management.

Former Employee - General Manager in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - General Manager in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is great. Helping people solve there automotive issues. Sense of ownership until the last 2 mo.

Cons

60-80 Hour weeks. Most store managers have lost the ability to manage their stores due to new district manager. Most stores have been instructed to reduce pay of employes, even store that are running a 30% sales gain over past years. Bonus program has been made into a joke.

Advance needs more Dm's and Rvp's that have actually picked up a wrench professionally,and know how a shop runs. The auto industry in not your typical retail field and until you realize it you will always be a second call after NAPA or Car-quest.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts