Advance Auto Parts

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Its a Job

Current Employee - Parts Delivery in Dunnellon, FL
Current Employee - Parts Delivery in Dunnellon, FL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The ppl you work with

Cons

investment group owned. Cares only about bottom line

Stop being used

823 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

The List of Improprieties Is A Mile Long , District Manager Is An Expert Fabricator

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the best manager ever . Really enjoyed most of my coworkers. (keyword is most )

Cons

The list is a mile long . Senior management are the biggest bunch of fabricators ive ever met in my life. The level of impropriety is at its highest . Lining the pockets of the DM's is how the business works. No matter how many goals you meet or exceed it is never enough and they will stop at nothing to make sure they get what they want. They will bully and badger a team member out of their jobs so their nasty little secrets wont be told . This company is pitiful and an embarrassment to the automotive industry .

Enjoy it while you can because karma will get you . I have no doubt.

Don't live up to founders values...anymore

Current Employee - Team Member in Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - Team Member in Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It used to be for the flexible schedule that allowed for team members to have a life, but now the CEO and leadership team want to treat us like indentured servants, or serfs that work at their bequest rather than pay attention to our needs, or lives. If they don't lose tenured employees because of processes being implemented they will remain flat at best this year, or minimal growth, so good luck investors!

Cons

Fixed schedule for a year? Who knows everything they have planned each day of the year; oh and it includes fixed hours so there's no guessing they own you! Core value of Arthur T. In team member handbook states his recognition of family and its role, apparently between corporate greed, incompetent scheduling, and inability to read the first page of the handbook by anyone who came up with this lame idea, you now are stripped of any freedom you thought you had?

There's an award for community service that no one will be able to receive in the store anymore because volunteering, and donating your time at the convenience of the the benefactor is disallowed due to scheduling. Many of team members can deal with IGNITE and other aspects related to daily ops regardless of if its skewed, but to take complete control of our lives ( anyone full time including management) shows how out of touch corporate is with ideals that they are able to implement with their families with all that money they make from continually buying stock or being granted stock cheap and selling high! (Look at yahoo under AAP ticker).

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts