Advance Auto Parts
www.advanceautoparts.com Roanoke, VA 5000+ Employees

Used to be Fun .... Not any more

Leadership Team (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

ProsWith the right leardership its a very rewarding place to work....well it used to be atleast

Cons....new (atleast in area 4) templete scheduling may be the straw that broke the companys back...the leadership staff at the store level has taken the last hit that they can endure ... major talent leaving very soon....the backlash is gaining momentum.. lack of payroll, poor computer systems in the stores, limited electronic catalog. all of these are forcing the talent in the stores either to become defeated and give up or just plain walk away..

Advice to Senior ManagementAttempting the one size fits all mentality to store staffing and limiting the leadership’s ability to tailor the staffing to the stores demographic (traffic pattern, customer base, on hand staff talent) will cause the team to become defeated and burnt out... Realize that Roanoke cannot control every aspect of every employee’s day... You have to have faith in your store level leadership to produce and be productive...Making us feel abused and taken advantage of may not be the best plan for your customer facing front line... You can replace a person but can you replace the relationships built with their customers? Where do you think your competition will see out the talent base that is rapidly becoming disgusted… word of mouth is still the best advertising... Even the best employee has a breaking point...

general manager 16 yr with advance

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Mobile, AL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good pay Good benefits Good area Management ie RVP,DL Cons: The company will not let managers run their stores.We are the head key turner.We used to write our own budgets, staffing templates and got to… Advice to Senior Management: You need to trust the people in the store. We are your frontline with the customers. You need to go out and work in the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Brutal.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Roanoke, VA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Only Fortune 500 company in the Roanoke Valley. Cons: WAY to much politics & cheerleading. Advice to Senior Management: Nothing that I can put in writing. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advance Auto Parts CEO Darren R. Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees.