There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Probably the best auto parts store to work for.

Pros

Company knows how to treat it's employees well.

Cons

Pay is a bit low for non managerial sales personnel.

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Used to be Fun .... Not any more

Current Employee - Leadership Team in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Leadership Team in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

With the right leardership its a very rewarding place to work....well it used to be atleast

Cons

....new (atleast in area 4) templete scheduling may be the straw that broke the companys back...the leadership staff at the store level has taken the last hit that they can endure ... major talent leaving very soon....the backlash is gaining momentum.. lack of payroll, poor computer systems in the stores, limited electronic catalog. all of these are forcing the talent in the stores either to become defeated and give up or just plain walk away..

Advice to Management

Attempting the one size fits all mentality to store staffing and limiting the leadership’s ability to tailor the staffing to the stores demographic (traffic pattern, customer base, on hand staff talent) will cause the team to become defeated and burnt out... Realize that Roanoke cannot control every aspect of every employee’s day... You have to have faith in your store level leadership to produce and be productive...Making us feel abused and taken advantage of may not be the best plan for your customer facing front line... You can replace a person but can you replace the relationships built with their customers? Where do you think your competition will see out the talent base that is rapidly becoming disgusted… word of mouth is still the best advertising... Even the best employee has a breaking point...

general manager 16 yr with advance

Current Employee - General Manager in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay Good benefits Good area Management ie RVP,DL

Cons

The company will not let managers run their stores.We are the head key turner.We used to write our own budgets, staffing templates and got to manage our stores. Now corperate runs the store. They tell us when we work when our team works and what we do each day. Used to have a good quality of life work balance.The hiring process takes too long and is to complicates fro the person applying and for managers to key in.

Advice to Management

You need to trust the people in the store. We are your frontline with the customers. You need to go out and work in the stores not just stop and visit I mean clock in work an 8 hour shift for a whole week. See what we get to do.