There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

learn to be independent with your vehicle

Former Employee - Mobile Parts Pro in Knoxville, TN
Former Employee - Mobile Parts Pro in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

yearly raises, opportunities to move up, gain automotive experience

Cons

meeting quota with means of micromanaging

teach your store managers that women will ultimately draw more customers than men, and treat them better too. Like look out for them with the small stuff!

reviews filtered by

Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell or else, we don't care about anything else.

Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro
    Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Are vanishing quickly, We used to have a decent schedule that worked towards everyone's strengths, but now cube jockeys in some corporate office, have eliminated that option, and we must all follow some per-prescribed day on day off, morning shift, evening shift, morning shift, evening shift plan with no exceptions, that ruins any hope of having a social life or doing something other than think about work.

Cons

How about a company that based an employees worth on nothing more than a new computer system that measures only how much you sell per hour and nothing else. It and only it will determine if you get a raise or keep your job. Needless to say, while over the last year I've worked my butt off to get the stock out of the truck and onto the shelves, cleaning the store and working with customers, to make sure they get just what they need to get their project done, The computer doesn't care.
    And because I "didn't sell enough per hour" I don't merit a raise I'm here to tell them that things will be changing, I no longer care if the store is clean or not. If someone comes into the store seeking help, I'll point to the row and say look over there. When the truck comes, I might bother to stock something within, 5' of a register, but I wont be raising a finger to do anything that doesn't allow me to increase my sales per hour. I can't afford to miss an opportunity to sell some worth less piece-of-junk "featured item of the month" to someone (if they need it or not) The company spent millions building a program to tracks each employee's sale per hour, but haven't done a thing to fix the APAL system where we look up parts and pieces for customers, I can no longer count the number of times I've tried looking up something for a customer, the computer tell us that we have it, and then find out that it's not available,

Too bad there isn't an option to put down H*^L no for recommend this employer to a friend. I wouldn't even recommend this place to even my worst enemy. Should something, anything else come up, I'm going to be out the door. Out the door so fast, that even my shadow will be unable to keep up.

general manager 16 yr with advance

Current Employee - General Manager in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay Good benefits Good area Management ie RVP,DL

Cons

The company will not let managers run their stores.We are the head key turner.We used to write our own budgets, staffing templates and got to manage our stores. Now corperate runs the store. They tell us when we work when our team works and what we do each day. Used to have a good quality of life work balance.The hiring process takes too long and is to complicates fro the person applying and for managers to key in.

You need to trust the people in the store. We are your frontline with the customers. You need to go out and work in the stores not just stop and visit I mean clock in work an 8 hour shift for a whole week. See what we get to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts