Advance Auto Parts
corp.advanceautoparts.com Roanoke, VA 5000+ Employees

general manager 16 yr with advance

General Manager (Current Employee)
Mobile, AL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay Good benefits Good area Management ie RVP,DL

ConsThe company will not let managers run their stores.We are the head key turner.We used to write our own budgets, staffing templates and got to manage our stores. Now corperate runs the store. They tell us when we work when our team works and what we do each day. Used to have a good quality of life work balance.The hiring process takes too long and is to complicates fro the person applying and for managers to key in.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to trust the people in the store. We are your frontline with the customers. You need to go out and work in the stores not just stop and visit I mean clock in work an 8 hour shift for a whole week. See what we get to do.

Fairly rewarding until now that they want to micro manage

Manager (Current Employee)
Richland, MS

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very customer friendly. Fairly easy to move up. Cons: MICROMANAGING has gotten out of hand! Advice to Senior Management: Please let us run our store Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

so so

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Alpena, MI

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people are fun to work with Cons: going down hill fast. Too much micro managing Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advance Auto Parts CEO Darren R. Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees.