Advance Auto Parts

www.advanceautoparts.com
  www.advanceautoparts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell or else, we don't care about anything else.

Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro
Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Are vanishing quickly, We used to have a decent schedule that worked towards everyone's strengths, but now cube jockeys in some corporate office, have eliminated that option, and we must all follow some per-prescribed day on day off, morning shift, evening shift, morning shift, evening shift plan with no exceptions, that ruins any hope of having a social life or doing something other than think about work.

Cons

How about a company that based an employees worth on nothing more than a new computer system that measures only how much you sell per hour and nothing else. It and only it will determine if you get a raise or keep your job. Needless to say, while over the last year I've worked my butt off to get the stock out of the truck and onto the shelves, cleaning the store and working with customers, to make sure they get just what they need to get their project done, The computer doesn't care.
And because I "didn't sell enough per hour" I don't merit a raise I'm here to tell them that things will be changing, I no longer care if the store is clean or not. If someone comes into the store seeking help, I'll point to the row and say look over there. When the truck comes, I might bother to stock something within, 5' of a register, but I wont be raising a finger to do anything that doesn't allow me to increase my sales per hour. I can't afford to miss an opportunity to sell some worth less piece-of-junk "featured item of the month" to someone (if they need it or not) The company spent millions building a program to tracks each employee's sale per hour, but haven't done a thing to fix the APAL system where we look up parts and pieces for customers, I can no longer count the number of times I've tried looking up something for a customer, the computer tell us that we have it, and then find out that it's not available,

Too bad there isn't an option to put down H*^L no for recommend this employer to a friend. I wouldn't even recommend this place to even my worst enemy. Should something, anything else come up, I'm going to be out the door. Out the door so fast, that even my shadow will be unable to keep up.

749 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Don't try to make a career there

Former Employee - General Manager in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - General Manager in New Haven, CT

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was a fun place to work as long as you are doing your job. I like what i do selling parts
    and helping customers solve their problems,. in doing that i am also helping my company to reach
    its goal which is to take care of their customers and reach their financial goal.

Cons

they have no loyalty to their employees regardless how long they was with them

do your very best at you position

Micro Managed

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts

Pros

Good work environment, love helping customers.

Cons

corporate does not promote from within. You have to be "in" to get anywhere. Corporate tells you when you are going to work or you can quit.

Let the GM be the GM and the company will thrive.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts