I enjoyed my manager and the company overall

Former Employee - Sales  in  Ellicott City, MD
Former Employee - Sales in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Advance Auto Parts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of training, great management, quick turnaround for out-of-stock items. I enjoyed the spiffs also.

Cons

I had no major complaints.

Other Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

New Updates on Review

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Any Port in a Storm. But don't plan on being appriciated for your work.

Cons

So the new year just arrived, our store has had stunning performance improvement over the previous year. Yet not one person got a raise. (summary: thanks for working so hard for us now (after inflation) do more for less.) Overheard a conversation between another RPP and the District Manager, (get your sales up, and I'll go to bat and push for a raise.) Despite the fact that he's the man that makes the decision.(there's no one he needs to push) and this particular RPP has consistantly met or exceded his sales goals. All they want it more sales.

This is supposed to be a team, Internal competition to make your performance goal does nothing for moral, and doesn't to a thing to show how hard others are working, Cycle counts, Shooting Outs, Planograms, back stock, truck, There are other things that need to be done, I can't just stand at the register all day long. (for fear that someone else will get the big sale) Overheard yesterday. " If I see someone come in holding a fuse, I'll walk away and let someone else take that, so that I can take the next person with the air conditioning, alternator, or starter)

Don't try to make a career there

Former Employee - General Manager  in  New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - General Manager in New Haven, CT

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was a fun place to work as long as you are doing your job. I like what i do selling parts
    and helping customers solve their problems,. in doing that i am also helping my company to reach
    its goal which is to take care of their customers and reach their financial goal.

Cons

they have no loyalty to their employees regardless how long they was with them

do your very best at you position

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!