There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

I love my job because of my coworkers, but it isn't a living wage by any means.

Current Employee - Mobile Parts Pro
Current Employee - Mobile Parts Pro

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a mobile parts professional, I get paid to drive around and deliver parts to various commercial customers. I love driving, listening to music, and making new friends with the mechanics and service writers. I get along with all of my coworkers and morale is high. Part time employees are eligible for benefits and employees receive a 20% discount on parts.

Cons

The pay is dismal. $8 an hour with 20 guaranteed hours per week for a part time employee. There's a high turnover rate and no one seems to be able to attain full time status. No bonuses given to drivers, aside from the occasional free lunch. After three months I expected a review and a raise only to be told that our store was skipped this year when it came to raises. "They're given out every March, so we're obviously not getting them this year. And if you get one next year it'll likely only be ten cents or so." I was told to hope for a federal minimum wage increase instead.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Store General Manager

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I like helping people find solutions to problems with their car. Company has some of the best parts brands and the ability to get whatever parts my customer needs. I like the people I work with and local division management are easy to work with.

Cons

Reduced payroll make it difficult to staff the store with enough employees. Salaried managers are expected to take up the slack.

Advice to Management

Give stored adequate resources to meet corporate goals and expectations.

Not a good place to work.

Current Employee - PARTS COUNTER PERSON in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - PARTS COUNTER PERSON in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly rate was pretty good, but only because I negotiated it. Alot of the coworkers were really nice, and I enjoyed working with them.

Cons

The management was absolutely the worst; they talked down to you and teated you like an idiot ! I had a problem with the management that was race related, and tried to contact H.R. at the home office, but they refused to do anything about it!

Advice to Management

When you have people that are knowledgeable and can bring in the sales, treat them well ! When someone does something good acknowledge it instead of using the moment to bring up something petty!