Advance Auto Parts

www.advanceautoparts.com

Direction Unknown

Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsAlways something to challenge you - so you don't get bored - Wide range of customers makes for a interesting day - but i'm a longtime car guy so i'm right at home in this enviroment.Co workers and in store management are great to work with.

ConsAdvance seems to be uncertain of their direction right now - seems to be shifting more toward number watching rather than servicing the customer - stores are frequently understaffed.I understand the need to control costs in a business - but this a service based business more than a retail business-unlike Walmart and the like,most of our customers need assistance to purchase what they need.

Advice to Senior ManagementEase off the micromanaging and give the manager the authority to manage their stores - we have to make a return to service first for the customer - and training for the employees - if you take care of the customer - and have properly trained employees in the store - the sales numbers will be there .

Good place to work, if you have a thick skin.

Retail Parts Pro (Current Employee) Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Helping out the customers that need your help, it feels good to do something that I find simple that makes a customer's day. I… Cons: Well the pay and the hours are less to be desires. Even if you have the education and credentials you are still treated like a… Advice to Senior Management: Acknowledge the people who make a difference at the bottom… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I love my job because of my coworkers, but it isn't a living wage by any means.

Mobile Parts Pro (Current Employee)

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time for less than a year

Pros: As a mobile parts professional, I get paid to drive around and deliver parts to various commercial customers. I love driving, listening to music,… Cons: The pay is dismal. $8 an hour with 20 guaranteed hours per week for a part time employee. There's a high turnover rate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!