Direction Unknown

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always something to challenge you - so you don't get bored - Wide range of customers makes for a interesting day - but i'm a longtime car guy so i'm right at home in this enviroment.Co workers and in store management are great to work with.

Cons

Advance seems to be uncertain of their direction right now - seems to be shifting more toward number watching rather than servicing the customer - stores are frequently understaffed.I understand the need to control costs in a business - but this a service based business more than a retail business-unlike Walmart and the like,most of our customers need assistance to purchase what they need.

Advice to Management

Ease off the micromanaging and give the manager the authority to manage their stores - we have to make a return to service first for the customer - and training for the employees - if you take care of the customer - and have properly trained employees in the store - the sales numbers will be there .

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

1. I enjoyed my job.

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time

Pros

Great part-time for full-time job opportunity, depending on your need. Full-time employees get great health insurance benefits.

Cons

not all stores have cameras

Job ain't worth your time and your life. Work somewhere else! Hoping to quit in less than one year from now.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None whatsoever except getting discount on parts. Flexible hours, and guaranteed hourly pay. Ain't nothing more than just that.

Cons

Low salary for all team members except general manager. Highest turnover rate among any kind of retail job market. Over 20 employees came and went in less than a 2 year period, including general managers. Odd, inconsistent shift hours for most team members. Promotional opportunities are only given to Spanish speaking employees than those with automotive retail experience. WHAT A JOKE!

Advice to Management

Either fix the salary issue and promotion opportunity or don't expect to see any employment growth.