There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Direction Unknown

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Always something to challenge you - so you don't get bored - Wide range of customers makes for a interesting day - but i'm a longtime car guy so i'm right at home in this enviroment.Co workers and in store management are great to work with.

Cons

Advance seems to be uncertain of their direction right now - seems to be shifting more toward number watching rather than servicing the customer - stores are frequently understaffed.I understand the need to control costs in a business - but this a service based business more than a retail business-unlike Walmart and the like,most of our customers need assistance to purchase what they need.

Ease off the micromanaging and give the manager the authority to manage their stores - we have to make a return to service first for the customer - and training for the employees - if you take care of the customer - and have properly trained employees in the store - the sales numbers will be there .

700 Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, if you have a thick skin.

Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Helping out the customers that need your help, it feels good to do something that I find simple that makes a customer's day. I truly respect most of the people I work with, most have the knowledge and skills that help the store thrive and make customers happy.

Cons

Well the pay and the hours are less to be desires. Even if you have the education and credentials you are still treated like a burden because "you didn't put the time in". Some management is a victim of the "retail curse": "Well you've been here long enough, would you like to run the place". The computer systems are awful, I use my smart phone so many times during the day to find thins for customers.

Acknowledge the people who make a difference at the bottom line, not the people you're friends with.

Job ain't worth your time and your life. Work somewhere else! Hoping to quit in less than one year from now.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None whatsoever except getting discount on parts. Flexible hours, and guaranteed hourly pay. Ain't nothing more than just that.

Cons

Low salary for all team members except general manager. Highest turnover rate among any kind of retail job market. Over 20 employees came and went in less than a 2 year period, including general managers. Odd, inconsistent shift hours for most team members. Promotional opportunities are only given to Spanish speaking employees than those with automotive retail experience. WHAT A JOKE!

Either fix the salary issue and promotion opportunity or don't expect to see any employment growth.

There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts