I enjoyed my job.

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time

Pros

Great part-time for full-time job opportunity, depending on your need. Full-time employees get great health insurance benefits.

Cons

not all stores have cameras

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Job ain't worth your time and your life. Work somewhere else! Hoping to quit in less than one year from now.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None whatsoever except getting discount on parts. Flexible hours, and guaranteed hourly pay. Ain't nothing more than just that.

Cons

Low salary for all team members except general manager. Highest turnover rate among any kind of retail job market. Over 20 employees came and went in less than a 2 year period, including general managers. Odd, inconsistent shift hours for most team members. Promotional opportunities are only given to Spanish speaking employees than those with automotive retail experience. WHAT A JOKE!

Advice to Management

Either fix the salary issue and promotion opportunity or don't expect to see any employment growth.

2. Good place to work, if you have a thick skin.

Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping out the customers that need your help, it feels good to do something that I find simple that makes a customer's day. I truly respect most of the people I work with, most have the knowledge and skills that help the store thrive and make customers happy.

Cons

Well the pay and the hours are less to be desires. Even if you have the education and credentials you are still treated like a burden because "you didn't put the time in". Some management is a victim of the "retail curse": "Well you've been here long enough, would you like to run the place". The computer systems are awful, I use my smart phone so many times during the day to find thins for customers.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the people who make a difference at the bottom line, not the people you're friends with.