Advance Auto Parts

www.advanceautoparts.com

Great balance of work vs family

IT (Former Employee) Roanoke, VA

ProsWell balanced and solid IT leadership team. The IT Leadership team really worked hard to understand their business partners while striking the balance of innovating.

ConsA few fire drills, and management had to "grow" to understand what needed to happen. The company has a lot of legacy and old systems, so there are some definite challenges in staying "up to date" on new technology while simultaneously supporting the old.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the business at a deeper level. Senior management should really attempt to understand the customer as well. The leadership in MI felt disconnected from the Roanoke team.

Was great until the micro managing started

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very fast paced Knowledgeable teams Excellent Training Cons: This company was great until they started micro managing everything we do in the store.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Job ain't worth your time and your life. Work somewhere else! Hoping to quit in less than one year from now.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time for more than a year

Pros: None whatsoever except getting discount on parts. Flexible hours, and… Cons: Low salary for all team members except general manager. Highest turnover rate among any kind of retail job market. Over 20 employees came and went… Advice to Senior Management: Either fix the salary issue and promotion opportunity or don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!