Advance Auto Parts
www.advanceautoparts.com Roanoke, VA 5000+ Employees

Crummy Retail Environment, little room to excel in the company, terrible corporate policies.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Raleigh, NC

ProsThe company is a very corporate buzzword, stereotypical retail environment. Normally a bad thing, but generally if you have a decent district manager, and show interest in moving up within the company, you will do fine. One thing I would suggest is that if you're interested in working at any type of auto parts store, try to work at or transfer to a store located in a nicer area. I had worked in one of the richest areas in my state for a while, and the job was very rewarding. I transferred to a store in a much poorer area and it was quite different.

ConsAs a sales associate you're expected to constantly be working on a dozen things at once. Unless the GM is competent, you'll find yourself either in the back of the store smoking cigarettes with management, or up front alone do their job. It's very high stress, and your mileage will vary drastically depending on how involved the other employees are with just doing their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Management is inconsistent and contradictory

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time

Pros: You will get paid on time Cons: Too many to list here Advice to Senior Management: Pick a direction and be consistent No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I enjoyed my job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time

Pros: Great part-time for full-time job opportunity, depending on your need.… Cons: not all stores have cameras Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Advance Auto Parts.

Worked for Advance Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advance Auto Parts reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Advance Auto Parts CEO Darren R. Jackson. All reviews posted anonymously by Advance Auto Parts employees.