There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

I was extremely disappointed with how they dealt with promotions and salary increases.

Former Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Queens Village, NY
Former Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Queens Village, NY

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had good coworkers. Mostly everyone was hardworking and helped one another out without complaint.

Cons

No flexibility in schedule, the manager did not put in requests for scheduled days off, even with 2 + weeks notice.

Advice to Management

Promotions shouldn't be given at no additional increase in salary

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

Was great until the micro managing started

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fast paced Knowledgeable teams Excellent Training

Cons

This company was great until they started micro managing everything we do in the store. Why have managers if all they do is carry out tasks and not actually manage.

Crummy Retail Environment, little room to excel in the company, terrible corporate policies.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is a very corporate buzzword, stereotypical retail environment. Normally a bad thing, but generally if you have a decent district manager, and show interest in moving up within the company, you will do fine. One thing I would suggest is that if you're interested in working at any type of auto parts store, try to work at or transfer to a store located in a nicer area. I had worked in one of the richest areas in my state for a while, and the job was very rewarding. I transferred to a store in a much poorer area and it was quite different.

Cons

As a sales associate you're expected to constantly be working on a dozen things at once. Unless the GM is competent, you'll find yourself either in the back of the store smoking cigarettes with management, or up front alone do their job. It's very high stress, and your mileage will vary drastically depending on how involved the other employees are with just doing their job.

Advice to Management

None.